I've had a little icon alert telling me that I have a new message on my phone all day. I've checked every folder I can find and there is no message. When I do actually get a message it will tell me I have two, and when I check the new one it goes back to the same "1 new message" icon that will not go away. Is there any way I can get rid of this? Preferably without doing a battery pull, if at all possible, because I have a hard case on my phone and I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back on afterwards.
    04-06-09 07:54 PM
    Try holding ALT + RIGHT SHIFT + DELETE. That will simulate
    a reset. You may very well have to do an actual pull though.
    04-06-09 08:03 PM
    Go to your main messages folder, press "T" to make sure you're all the way at the top. Hit menu, "Mark Prior Opened." If it doesn't go away, just do a battery pull. Might as well do it. Not a bad idea to do some clean house once in a while anyway.
    04-06-09 08:42 PM
    if the battery pull doesn't make it go away, check your saved messages, sometimes there's a new one hiding out in that folder...
    04-06-09 08:48 PM
    Do you know if any are missed calls? I hate having to open missed calls to get rid of the new message icon.

I've been wondering if I hide the "Messages" in the Apps if it will stop leaving icons on the home screen. I like to have SMS MMS and my two emails separate. I don't like the Messages folder.
    04-06-09 08:57 PM
    Do you know if any are missed calls? I hate having to open missed calls to get rid of the new message icon.

I've been wondering if I hide the "Messages" in the Apps if it will stop leaving icons on the home screen. I like to have SMS MMS and my two emails separate. I don't like the Messages folder.
    Open your call log. Hit menu>options>call logging and set it to "none"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD