I have searched and read everything I can from these forums and tried a number things but without success. I'm hoping someone here can clue a BB newbie in on what I'm missing.

I have an AT&T BB Curve 8320 with data plan and tethering.

I have no problem setting up email accounts on my BB and have done so numerous times. My email from work(IMAP not POP3) and Gmail(also IMAP not POP3) works great except the sync only works one way. Specificly with deleting emails. If I delete an email from my BB it will also delete on my inbox but if I delete an email on my inbox it does not also delete from my BB.

I have checked off the setting on my blackberry BIS account to sync deleted emails between my account and my BB but it just never does it.

This is a really big issue for me and would greatly appreciate any help with figuring this out.
    Last edited by maagnh; 06-02-08 at 12:53 PM.
    06-02-08 10:50 AM
    If I delete from my Gmail inbox, it will eventually delete from my BB, but it takes some time. It can take an hour or more to sync those up. Are you waiting long enough?
    06-02-08 08:24 PM
    Good point. I probably have not waited as long as an hour so I will test that this morning.

Are you using POP3 with Gmail or IMAP?
    06-03-08 06:56 AM
    It is working with my Gmail account but very slowly. It was app. a 1/2hr before the deletion I made on my inbox was reflected on my BB.

I've also noticed that with the Gmail setup to IMAP it takes a lot longer for new emails to be pushed out to my BB, like 10 to 20 minutes, but before with POP3 it was always within a minute

However, it did not work at all on my work IMAP account.
    06-03-08 10:03 AM
    Good point. I probably have not waited as long as an hour so I will test that this morning.

Are you using POP3 with Gmail or IMAP?
    I use IMAP--Gmail won't sync back to the BB using POP.
    06-03-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD