Hi there,

So I got my replacement blackberry, and I restored it and everything, but my email , and internet connections do not work,

1. do you know how I could fix this?

2. how could I fix this?

[the person from rogers told me this,(see below) but it is very very confusing and i'm sure there would be an easy way to do it.

Step 5: Changing your Blackberry PIN number in the BlackBerry Internet Service account
    5.i) If you have access to a PC with internet then follow these steps:
    5.i.a) Login to the Rogers BlackBerry Internet Service ( BIS ) site. If you do not know your password to login, please follow the instructions in Step 6 below to retrieve your password.
    5.i.b)On the left-hand side of the page, click on �Change Device�.

5.i.c) To find your new PIN and IMEI, click on �Options� and then �Status� on your Blackberry.

5.i.d) Enter the information into the website, click �Save�.

5.i.e) Your replacement Blackberry should now receive confirmation that the e-mail accounts are linked to it and active.

5.ii) If you do not have access to the internet or you were unable to login to the Rogers BIS site then follow these steps:

5.ii.a) From your BlackBerry smartphone, open the Email Settings client.

5.ii.b) When prompted to switch your BlackBerry smartphone PIN, confirm that the new PIN is correct, and then select Yes.

5.ii.c) Once the change is complete, you will receive the following message:

5.ii.d) You will then be prompted to provide the password for each email integration and the hosted email account (if created). Type each integration password, and then select OK.

5.ii.e) After each account has been validated, select OK.

5.ii.f) Once each account is validated, mail delivery will commence to the new BlackBerry smartphone PIN.

Step 6: Retrieving your password for the BIS site

6.i) Go to Internet Service and click on Forgot Password

6.ii) Enter your BIS username or Blackberry PIN number (The PIN can be found under �Options� and �Status� on the unit) and �Click on Request Password�. ]
    02-23-10 09:50 PM
    Have you actually tried following the above steps?
    Try your BIS site which looks to be BlackBerry Internet Service
    Onced logged in, follow the above steps if you can. Do you have a data connection? How many bars of service do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 10:38 PM
    how do you log in? yes ive tried, and when i tried registering ,m it never sent a pin message to my phone
    02-24-10 05:30 PM
    So you were able to log in? And following those steps didn't work? Sorry, but we can't do any better than those steps that were provided to you. They are exactly what you need to do, follow them word for word.
    02-24-10 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD