I keep posting questions on existing threads and I keep getting ignored. I start new threads and they keep getting deleted. As far as I know I haven't broken any forum rules! Plus I see other members posting the same type of general "I'm new here please help" questions, but they are getting answers while I'm getting the boot. So who's cat did I run over? I'm really starting to regret joining this place.

If any mods feel the need to delete this thread could you at least send me a pm and tell me why???
    01-11-09 06:48 PM
    I don't really see a question in this post that any of of us can answer. Maybe you should PM one of the mods, and go that route.

Also i know that the mods have been trying to clean up topics that already have a lot of threads. The search tool in the corner is a wonderful tool, and theres a good chance that you can find the answer to your question by using that. Also make sure you are posting in the right forum(like i would say this is Off Topic not general blackberry because u are just ranting and it's not directly related to blackberry). Also no duplicate posting. You shouldnt be posting the same question in more than one forum. Also be clear and concise in what your question is. The more info you have the better for someone to help you.

Good luck. CB is a great place with a lot of knowledgable people, who in my experience have always been ready and willing to help.
    01-11-09 06:53 PM
    Questions that aren't answered are sometimes not answered because no one knows the answer.

With respect to the deletions, I don't know.
    01-11-09 06:53 PM
    I did not see any of your other posts which, may prove your point.

Why don't you try asking something in this thread and see if you get an answer. Please try to avoid complicated questons like, what day is it today.

I live in Europe and it is nearly 2AM here and I have to work tomorrow so do not be profane and keep it clean and now the floor is yours.
    01-11-09 06:55 PM
    I have not seen your posts either. Ask away and lets see if we can help
    01-11-09 07:08 PM
    I have reviewed your post history, nothing has been deleted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/few...rs-yet-134622/

I see multiple replys.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-11-09 at 08:46 PM.
    01-11-09 08:42 PM
    hmmmm.......maybe no one likes your avatar...

...just kidding...
    01-11-09 08:45 PM
    So give it a shot, what question hasn't been answered?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:47 PM
    I keep posting questions on existing threads and I keep getting ignored. I start new threads and they keep getting deleted. As far as I know I haven't broken any forum rules! Plus I see other members posting the same type of general "I'm new here please help" questions, but they are getting answers while I'm getting the boot. So who's cat did I run over? I'm really starting to regret joining this place.

If any mods feel the need to delete this thread could you at least send me a pm and tell me why???
    Looking at the threads that you started, you got several replies to those messages. Looks to me if you forgetting where you post things and where to look when you return. If you click on your own USER CP, you should be able to follow your own posts easier.

Also I know viewing the forums from your phone can be hard to read sometimes using the DEFAULT view or WAP view. Also not logging in to the site can make finding your own posts pretty hard as well.
    01-11-09 09:47 PM
    Subscribe to the threads and you will never miss another reply...
    01-11-09 10:02 PM
    Subscribe to the threads and you will never miss another reply...
    When you post in a thread does it not auto subscribe? Or is that something that the user has to turn on?
    01-12-09 03:21 AM
    When you post in a thread does it not auto subscribe? Or is that something that the user has to turn on?
    The user has to do that. I subscribe to nothing.
    01-12-09 03:37 AM
    Yeah you need to turn it on, it's in your profile options. Or you can subscribe to threads manually

Edit: ugh I'm tired and can't even find auto subscribe... I know some forums have it though
    01-12-09 03:38 AM
    OK, everybody has been nice, Reed has researched your history and it is fine. Please now go ahead and post some questions but then do one of two thngs.

1). Manually subscribe to the thread so that you are notified automatically (with a link back to the thread) whenever there is a reply.

2). Periodically go to Advanced Forum Search and enter your User Name in the field and then select a choice in the Find Posts From drop down field.

This will display all your Threads and/or Posts from that period and you may then view any replies.
    01-12-09 03:52 AM
    Thank a bunch Reed. I tried researching my post history but for some reason it's telling me that I have 0 posts. And I tried the search tool but for some reason it's on searching for the first word (eg is, why, how). I appreciate all the responses and now that I have a link to my own threads I have my questions answered.

Thanks again folks!
    01-12-09 05:20 AM
    I expect full restitution for my deceased cat...
    01-12-09 07:51 AM
    Thank a bunch Reed. I tried researching my post history but for some reason it's telling me that I have 0 posts. And I tried the search tool but for some reason it's on searching for the first word (eg is, why, how). I appreciate all the responses and now that I have a link to my own threads I have my questions answered.

Thanks again folks!
    When you click on search, you can then go to Advanced options to help limit your search. Also I think what is happening is that your threads are going to other pages of the Sub Forum they are in. CB is a VERY busy site and it's very easy for our threads to go to a 2nd or 3 page or beyond, VERY quickly. Subscribing to your threads, as suggested, is your best bet.

Also while I am FAR from an expert I do know a little bit and am learning more every day, so feel free to PM or email me with a question. I have used a 7290, 8700 & 9350. I am also a help desk type computer tech at my day job.

EDIT: The cat thing DID catch my eye, but I suggest you consider revising the subject anyways. IMHO
    01-12-09 09:22 AM
    Good call BlkBear, you spotted the problem behind the question first.

I have renamed this thread, hopefully the title change may help others in a similar situation.
    01-12-09 10:15 AM
    Good call BlkBear, you spotted the problem behind the question first.

I have renamed this thread, hopefully the title change may help others in a similar situation.
    Thanks! While it wasn't the worst I've seen here, the new name is MUCH better. The old name made me look, and chuckle, BUT I can see how some might be offended.
    01-12-09 11:17 AM
    You mean this thread was NOT about a cat?
    01-12-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD