Hello,
    I was wondering if is possible to enable the wifi option on my Blackberry Tour 9630, my provider is Verizon Wireless. Verizon has told me it's impossible, but for some reasons i don't believe such thing. A friend has the same exact phone with a different carrier(AT&T) and he is able to connect to any hot spots using his wifi option.If anyone out there know any way possible to enable the wifi option please help, i would really i appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance.
    Alex
    04-22-10 05:49 PM
    the tour is not wifi-capable. so there is no wifi option to enable. you simply can not do it. also, the tour is a cdma phone, so it is unlikely that your friend has it on at&t. most likely he is using a bold.
    04-22-10 05:56 PM
    There is no wifi on the 9630
    04-22-10 05:57 PM
    Hello,
    I was wondering if is possible to enable the wifi option on my Blackberry Tour 9630, my provider is Verizon Wireless. Verizon has told me it's impossible, but for some reasons i don't believe such thing. A friend has the same exact phone with a different carrier(AT&T) and he is able to connect to any hot spots using his wifi option.If anyone out there know any way possible to enable the wifi option please help, i would really i appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance.
    Alex
    There's no way the the statement in bold above can be accurate.

The device does not have WiFi hardware. Your friend has a different device.
    04-22-10 06:12 PM
    Hello,
    Thank you in advance.
    Alex
    Tour has no WIFI. your friend on AT&T probably has the bold 9700 which does have WIFI
    04-22-10 06:57 PM
    The CDMA Bold/Tour 2 will have wifi. Upgrade to that when it comes out. Only option, sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD