Hi All..... I have a really strange re-occuring issue on my BB Curve8310. Once in a while I will receive a text message and after I view the message it still stays on my main screen (at the least the text header under the Messages tab) is there. I try and delete the message off my BB but it does nothing. Other texts delete easily using the delete feature in the BB menu.

The only way to delete these "sticky" message headers and messages for that matter is to link up my BB to my laptop and use the BB Desktop Manager , find the SMS messages database and then remove the entire database.

Surely ther has to be an easier way...or is there a setting or profile item that I can change? Anyone on here have any ideas???? Anyone?

Cheers,

Rob
    03-12-08 11:54 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    03-13-08 12:09 AM
    Yes I have tried that and it clears those sticky messages, but I usually get at least one message a day that just wont go away without a battery pull or synch with BB Desktop Manager.....SIGH!
    03-13-08 12:17 AM
    Have you tried a different theme, it could be isolated to that particular theme you are using.
    03-13-08 12:23 AM
    Hmmm... I will try that and see what happens.......Stay Tuned!
    03-13-08 12:26 AM
    Thanks Sunkast....The sticky message is only visible in a (Today) theme. All the other theme versions do not have this issue.......

Is there a free theme Download area? I really like the Today style of theme....

Cheers,

Rob
    03-13-08 12:44 AM
    I would recommend getting the Today plus theme from blackberry.com. I think you can go to mobile.blackberry.com on your phone to get it. I'm not exactly sure where since I haven't gotten it myself. I saw it recommended in another thread.
    03-13-08 12:54 AM
    I have had this problem for months. You still get them with today plus. I didn't have them until I d/l some today themes. Actually what does it is when someone replies to a text I sent. Sometimes to text me, my friends will reply to an old text I sent them before. I pull the battery and try not to worry about it. Actually I have deleted all the themes I bought except for glassyberry today which I have had long before this problem started happening. Does anyone know how to keep the messages from getting stuck to the desktop?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 01:16 AM
    Ok.. I finally figured this issue out on a whim and an idea sparked by Sunkast and then a fluke change in preferences on my part. The issue can be resolved by doing the following:

Go to the full menu desktop and highlight "Messages", then select "options", then go to "General options"....Scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes". Select "Seperate" and the problem and sticky texts dissappear. by default, my setting was "Theme controlled" and that created the intermittent issue.

Hope this helps any other stumped folks. I am glad to see this resolved....on my BB at least. good Luck!
    03-13-08 01:29 AM
    I have the same problem. What I usually do is go into my messages inbox and highlight the date. Then press the "Menu" button and then "Mark Prior Opened". That usually clears the new message notification for me. I am using the Elemental - Today theme.
    03-13-08 01:52 AM
    Ok.. I finally figured this issue out on a whim and an idea sparked by Sunkast and then a fluke change in preferences on my part. The issue can be resolved by doing the following:

Go to the full menu desktop and highlight "Messages", then select "options", then go to "General options"....Scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes". Select "Seperate" and the problem and sticky texts dissappear. by default, my setting was "Theme controlled" and that created the intermittent issue.

Hope this helps any other stumped folks. I am glad to see this resolved....on my BB at least. good Luck!
    i have tried it seperate or combined and they are still stuck
    i have it now set to "theme controlled"
    maybe i will switch it back, but i like my messages combined so i dont have to look in different places for messages.
    03-13-08 02:42 AM
    I'm having the same issues! I've noticed it on several Today themes installed on my phone, so the cause is not an isolated theme. The problem occurs when my messages were "Theme Controlled" as well as when they were "Separate".

I'm currently running version 4.2.2.176 on my Sprint 8830. Is it possible that this bug might have been fixed in a newer software update?

The battery pull is a definite solution, but not a preferable one for me since it does tend to happen frequently.

Hopefully some bright minds out there can help us troubleshoot this.
    03-31-08 04:54 PM
    it happens when i get replies to text messages i have sent people, if they press reply and write back, then it sticks to my homescreen
    very annoying
    04-01-08 03:31 AM
    I have the same issue with messages...

And also some buggy stuff with Calendar appointments -- sometimes it shows past appointments, sometimes it shows things way in the future.

Haven't figured out a solution -- kind of defeats the whole purpose of a "today" theme, though...
    04-13-08 01:48 PM
    wow...i was going to use the today theme (liked it on my IPAQ) guess i won't be doing that now!
    04-13-08 11:59 PM
    Not sure if this has any relevance or not as I switched from the 8300 to the 8310, but on the 8310 using the same theme as I had on the 8300 (Elemental Today) and the 4.5OS, I don't get the unread message problem anymore. Guess the 4.5OS fixed the problem as the OP had the same issue on his 8310?
    04-14-08 01:00 AM
    i hope so! i might wipe and reload my os to get rid of it, im just lazy
    04-14-08 09:00 AM

I found your response through the Search Forums feature. I tried exactly what you said. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Will keep you posted.

Update: Just got another "sticky message." Is it true that OS 4.5 may remedy this? Anyone know if there's going to be an update on the sCurve for that?
    Last edited by MRSBROWN2006; 05-19-08 at 05:51 PM. Reason: update
    05-19-08 04:48 PM
    It is 2009 and i am still having this issue even on OS 4.5
    03-20-09 05:07 PM
    Dear All, I am new to BB (moved from a Nokia e61i), i am taking time to get adjusted to the new experience

canadianb solution worked fine for me on a 8320

I also have IT Policy which restricts many features key being no 3rd party installations including themes
    Cheers
    03-30-09 02:27 AM
    I have had my blackberry for 3 days now and I started noticing the sticky message on the 2nd day. Some one has got to have a solution to this? Don't they? Please? It's really annoying!
    04-15-09 01:26 AM
    This worked for the 'sticky messages' I have been trying to get rid of for weeks. Thanks,
    04-07-11 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD