hello all,
    When i back up my BB it says i have over 7000 emails but i cant see them or delete them. My ipd file ends up being over 30MB. Is there a way of deleting them? I have performed wipes but when i restore from the backup they will all come back. Any help is appreciated

thx
    D
    09-20-11 09:09 AM
    Sounds odd that there are that many that you can't actually see on the device. Perhaps the easiest solution would be to backup, wipe the device then do a selective restore in Desktop Manager of everything BUT the messages.
    09-20-11 09:35 AM
    Unfortunately there are some emails that i actually need so i wont be able to just delete everything. I can see the messages on elcomsoft software but it wont allow me to delete them. My concern is that when i back up my files on a monthly basis it is using a lot of space. Hopefully someone else may have some ideas

thx
    09-20-11 09:44 AM
    Great thought and that is what i did on the active accounts. I have emails from old places of employment which unfortunately i no longer have access to their system. On my handheld i have all the active / current emails, the issue happens when i back up the file.

Ill try to clear things up:
    - my bb shows current emails which is great
    - if i search for a specific email (for example sent by john smith) it will appear as a searched result but not as an active email
    - when i back up my bb it will show 7000 emails but on the actual bb i can see 100 emails unless i search the specific criteria

i want to simply delete these 'hidden' emails from my bb so when i do a new backup it will only show 100 emails which are the current emails

hope that clears things up
    thx
    09-20-11 11:25 AM
    Sounds odd that there are that many that you can't actually see on the device. Perhaps the easiest solution would be to backup, wipe the device then do a selective restore in Desktop Manager of everything BUT the messages.
    Hey Adam good to see you in a thread... There was a simalar post like this the other day and the person answered somewhat like you did. The OP had over 1700 messages and until he was told to go into DM and go to options where he would find the folder that is holding these messages...same as this OP and select and delete them, they will go away.

The other thread the OP was worried if he did he would mess something up butthis is the way to do it so you were both right actually in your advice.

Again good to see you roaming around, must of been a slow day today? ...
    09-20-11 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD