I picked up my Style today and coming off an android phone I had all my contacts backed up in google. I did not have the time to download the sync app since I was already running late to work so the sales person (new employee) said she would sync my old phones contacts to the new one. I said fine and she took it but somehow sync it wrong cause every number is in there twice. If I look at my wife's contact page it list her mobile number as mobile number and home 2. Then her work number as work and also other. I downloaded the sync app and tried to see if sync my contacts would fix the problem and it did not.

So I am thinking I want to delete all contacts and resync with google. But have no idea how to delete all contacts without going to each one. Any ideas? This is my first BB so I am still trying to learn my way around.
    11-01-10 09:03 PM
    I've done it before using the Desktop Manager software. I go to Backup & Restore, then use the Advanced method. I then locate & delete the database called Address Book All.
    I think there may be a way to do it on the phone itself, but I can't recall how to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    11-01-10 10:24 PM
    To keep from showing duplicate entries you can try the following:

Address Book > Options > General Options > Allow Duplicate Names > No

That's how it is on OS 5.0. It could still be the same on OS 6.0. I'm not 100% sure on this.

11-01-10 10:28 PM
    thanks going to work on that today....I have noticed since I synced my calender from Google all my calender events are also listed in there twice.
    11-02-10 05:28 AM
    I've done it before using the Desktop Manager software. I go to Backup & Restore, then use the Advanced method. I then locate & delete the database called Address Book All.
    Thank you so much. I did not know you could do this! it was driving me crazy, i would delete it from the device and it would come back! now i can make a clean sync!

thanks again!
    03-31-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD