Hi,

I have a corrupt version of the desktop version 7 on my BB 8520. Is there any way that I can de-install it?

I will then try to reinstall it and see if my problems go away!

Thanks,
    Joolz
    06-21-12 08:36 AM
    Hi,

I have a corrupt version of the desktop version 7 on my BB 8520. Is there any way that I can de-install it?

I will then try to reinstall it and see if my problems go away!

Thanks,
    Joolz
    The desktop software is on your PC or MAC - just un-install from there.
    06-21-12 08:42 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Desktop Manager is a WIndows program and is not installable on your phone.

What is on the phone is the BlackBerry Operating System and, that can be corrupted.

Please can you say just what you think is wriong and then we can almost certainly talk you down to a safe landing.

First off, try pulling the battery out for 10 secs. That cures a multitude of BlackBerry ills.
    06-21-12 08:42 AM
    Yes, we need more info so we can help you. What's going on with your 8520? What is it doing? Locking up? Rebooting by itself?
    06-21-12 09:15 PM
    I want your windows/mac emulator! How the did you run a computer app on yer 8520! Jks, Ummm please do explain to us further what your problem is. With the info given, I can only guess your problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.428 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    06-21-12 10:30 PM
    You can't de-install, but you can overwrite it with an older version. I'm to lazy to link to the tutorial though.
    06-21-12 11:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Desktop Manager is a WIndows program and is not installable on your phone.

What is on the phone is the BlackBerry Operating System and, that can be corrupted.

Please can you say just what you think is wriong and then we can almost certainly talk you down to a safe landing.

First off, try pulling the battery out for 10 secs. That cures a multitude of BlackBerry ills.
    Well, ever since I installed desktop 7 when I try to sync my calendar it starts reading the entries but always crashes out when it tries to match the entries from PC to phone and stops running.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software like 8 times now and pulled the batter from my phone like you suggest but I've just tried it again and no joy

It was all good before the desktop upgrade so I thought maybe it put something on my phone that I can't get rid of but that's obviously not the case.

The phone works fine otherwise.

Any ideas?
    06-22-12 07:39 AM
    You can't de-install, but you can overwrite it with an older version. I'm to lazy to link to the tutorial though.
    How do I find an older version of the desktop software to install?
    06-22-12 07:40 AM
    How do I find an older version of the desktop software to install?
    I don't know if it's possible to rollback to an earlier version of the desktop software. Believe me, I wanna do it myself because after I upgraded to the 7.1 Beta version, it won't recognize my PlayBook anymore. I have a whole lotta things on my PB that I'd like to sync.
    06-22-12 03:09 PM
    Just did some quick searching on google and couldn't find any links to DM 6. I'm sure someone has the installer and they could send it to you. Unfortunately I deleted DM 6 off my computer or I would've helped you out.
    06-22-12 03:47 PM
    The AT&T device software portal on the BlackBerry site still has a previous DM 6 build listed along with the current version 7 and the Mac OS version.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Drop the list down and pick the one you want.
    Last edited by joeldf; 06-22-12 at 11:03 PM.
    06-22-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD