A coffee shop I go to has protected Wi-Fi. It shows WPA2. The owner gave me the password, which I tried to enter in my Blackberry, but it wouldn't connect. The coffee shop owner knows nothing about Blackberry. What was I doing wrong? Blackberry said the key needed to be 0-9 digits. The password he told me is longer than that. People were using the Wi-Fi on their laptops. I used the AT&T network on my Blackberry, but I couldn't get the Wi-Fi. Other customers with Blackberry were Verizon and don't have Wi-Fi anyway, so they couldn't help me.
    08-11-09 10:01 PM
    Should be as simple as using the password. My home network is WPA2 and I have never had a problem connecting on my 8900, 8320, or my wife's G1. Are you entering the characters exactly as they appear like lower case or caps?
    08-13-09 04:17 PM
    I entered the password exactly as the owner told me. I will try on my laptop next time, because the BB gave me an error message that the code was the wrong number of digits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:49 PM
    I believe you can manually configure the network on the Blackberry as well but you would only need to do that if it didn't see the right security. I know some people have a tough time with WPA2 and BB but usually it is settings on the routers end.
    08-14-09 03:26 PM
    I believe you can manually configure the network on the Blackberry as well but you would only need to do that if it didn't see the right security. I know some people have a tough time with WPA2 and BB but usually it is settings on the routers end.
    Thanks. I kind of figured it had to do with the router. I really couldn't have the owner of the shop adjust his router for me. I'll see what happens next time when I try his Wi-Fi on my laptop.
    08-14-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD