what do I access to find how to use my phone on the car stereo
    10-29-15 11:17 AM
    10-29-15 11:30 AM
    That's a potentially complicated question.

If your car stereo supports a Bluetooth wireless input, you can simply follow the link above to pair your phone with the car stereo wirelessly.

If your car stereo supports an Aux In device, you can connect your phone (or anything else with an 1/8" stereo jack) to the stereo with an Aux In cable, like this:

How do I connect my BlackBerry phone to a car stereo?-iphone-car-stereo-aux-.jpg

If neither of those are true, then it gets more involved. I can help, but let's start with details:

What kind of car (year, make, model) do you drive, and what kind of car stereo is in it? I ask the latter, because many cars have several options, usually a "base level" stereo with no branding and a "premium level" option that usually is branded by a known name in the audio world: Bose, JBL, Panasonic, etc. They will have different options.

Many pre-Bluetooth cars from 2000 and later have an option to control a factory CD changer (in-dash or in-trunk), which means the head unit has an Aux In as part of that connection, and this can be used, along with a conversion kit, to create a more standard/generic Aux In via 1/8" cable.

Most pre-2000 cars don't have Aux Ins, but many have cassette decks which will accept a cassette adapter, which has an 1/8" stereo cable attached, to create an Aux In. There are also FM Modulators, which connect via 1/8" cables and transmit the audio via ultra-low-powered FM, which you tune in on the car's radio. Sound quality of these is not all that great, and you have to change frequencies on the transmitter if you drive into new areas with different frequencies already in use.

Finally, there's always the option of buying a new car stereo with either an Aux In or Bluetooth capabilities...
    10-29-15 04:39 PM
    That's a potentially complicated question.

If your car stereo supports a Bluetooth wireless input, you can simply follow the link above to pair your phone with the car stereo wirelessly.

If your car stereo supports an Aux In device, you can connect your phone (or anything else with an 1/8" stereo jack) to the stereo with an Aux In cable, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-car-stereo-aux-in.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	378091

If neither of those are true, then it gets more involved. I can help, but let's start with details:

What kind of car (year, make, model) do you drive, and what kind of car stereo is in it? I ask the latter, because many cars have several options, usually a "base level" stereo with no branding and a "premium level" option that usually is branded by a known name in the audio world: Bose, JBL, Panasonic, etc. They will have different options.

Many pre-Bluetooth cars from 2000 and later have an option to control a factory CD changer (in-dash or in-trunk), which means the head unit has an Aux In as part of that connection, and this can be used, along with a conversion kit, to create a more standard/generic Aux In via 1/8" cable.

Most pre-2000 cars don't have Aux Ins, but many have cassette decks which will accept a cassette adapter, which has an 1/8" stereo cable attached, to create an Aux In. There are also FM Modulators, which connect via 1/8" cables and transmit the audio via ultra-low-powered FM, which you tune in on the car's radio. Sound quality of these is not all that great, and you have to change frequencies on the transmitter if you drive into new areas with different frequencies already in use.

Finally, there's always the option of buying a new car stereo with either an Aux In or Bluetooth capabilities...
    Cheers, gone to great lengths today, Troy.... :-D

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    10-29-15 04:44 PM
    If you use the aux cable approach you might also want to use charge your phone through a USB cable and a USB charger/adapter connected to a 12 Volt accessory socket (cigarette lighter socket),
    10-29-15 07:33 PM
    If u have a bluetooth hands free car stereo, consider using the smart tag too. I love being able to just tap and pair, especially if I am already driving and need to use hands free. And BlackBerry Assistant works well with my hands free car link.

Posted via Classic
    10-30-15 06:20 PM
    what do I access to find how to use my phone on the car stereo
    The manual for both....
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-31-15 01:44 PM