How do I change saved hotspot login credentials?
    06-27-15 04:25 PM
    Hello

Before you activate HOTSPOT, go to Settings -> Networks and Connections -> Mobile Hotspot (under connectivity services) -> Once in Hotspot at the bottom there will be Configure

In Configure you can change Hotspot's name, and Password.
    06-27-15 05:25 PM
    If you're talking about the Mobile Hotspot you can create from your phone:

Settings>Networks and Connections>Mobile Hotspot>Configure (the two sliders in the middle of the bar,) and then you can change the hotspot name and password.

If you're talking about a saved WiFi network you connect to:

Settings>Networks and Connections>Wi-Fi>Saved (the list with a check mark icon,) and then long press on the saved WiFi network SSID you want to change, and from the menu that pops up from the side, hit edit (the pencil icon.)
    06-27-15 05:29 PM
    Raino - regarding option 2 you outlined there's no setting to change saved WiFi credentials under the saved WiFi settings. Been there done that 100"s of times. This is proving frustrating.

My last ditch attempt is to wipe all cookies from the BlackBerry Classic vrowser.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:55 PM
    Raino - regarding option 2 you outlined there's no setting to change saved WiFi credentials under the saved WiFi settings. Been there done that 100"s of times. This is proving frustrating.

My last ditch attempt is to wipe all cookies from the BlackBerry Classic vrowser.
    I have a Q10 with 10.2.1, and here are a couple of screenshots:

Settings>Networks and Connections>Wi-Fi>Saved (the list with a check mark icon)

How do I change hotspot  login credentials?-img_20150627_184732.png

edit (the pencil icon)

How do I change hotspot  login credentials?-img_20150627_184740.png

You don't see these two things?
    06-27-15 08:58 PM
    Yes I see those settings. It just that the login credentials are not retained for this WiFi hotspot in the saved SSID. The SSID security is set to "Open". The security "challenge/response" appears only in the browser. I suspected it was being cached as a cookie but after I cleared all cookies and history I am still being auto logged in. Same as if you told the browser to save your login credentials for a Google login.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:23 AM
    Should add that I'm using a BlackBerry Classic with OS 10.3.1.1779 which is the latest upgrade available to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:34 AM
    Yes I see those settings. It just that the login credentials are not retained for this WiFi hotspot in the saved SSID. The SSID security is set to "Open". The security "challenge/response" appears only in the browser. I suspected it was being cached as a cookie but after I cleared all cookies and history I am still being auto logged in. Same as if you told the browser to save your login credentials for a Google login.
    Ahh ok. So it's one of those open WiFi networks. But what can you change for such a network? Are you trying to automate the login or something?
    06-28-15 09:35 AM
    Thx for all your help Raino! I goton a call with my marina's tech support and was able to resolve the issue. They gave me the url for the challenge/response page and from there I was able to log off and then log in again with the correct creddentials.

Which begs the question: is this an undisclosed "feature" of BlackBerry 10 OS ? If the userid and password are being saved as cookies why are "hotspot" credentials retained?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:49 PM