I wanted to know how to disable the gps on my BB 8310. When I go to GPS in advanced options, it doesnt let me. Also, is there any way to disable it so that my job cant track it? Thanks
    10-02-09 02:27 PM
    If you can't change it, it's set in their (your company) IT policy. I don't know of a way, but here's a bump for ya. Someone might know.
    10-02-09 03:01 PM
    On this same subject, does it even work because mine states it on but never has any settings in it. It's always 0
    10-02-09 03:04 PM
    If the phone is owned by your company ans it is connected to a BES system, then they can track their property if the wish to. Nuttin' you can do about that.

The BES system can also tell if you have fooled with the phone. There are preactically no limits to BES control or what it can ban the phone from doing or force the phone to do.

This is why the BlackBerry is the number one corporate phone.

The chances of your company actually having either the time or the inclination to follow you around the surface of the planet are minimal.
    10-02-09 03:06 PM
    The chances of your company actually having either the time or the inclination to follow you around the surface of the planet are minimal.
    Or are they? There could be a reason the OP is worried.

blueyestm, the GPS readings in there are uninitialized until you ping the satellites manually. When in that screen, open the menu and do a refresh. The GPS isn't always active, it's only on when you have some app that uses it.
    10-02-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD