Hi All,

I'm not sure whether I should be posting here or in the iOS forum on iMore. I just recently switched to an iPhone 5 (after 6 years of being a loyal BB customer). The app selection on the BB10 was just not cutting it for me (among other things).

I was wondering how I can deactivate my BB ID/profile. People who were on my BBM list are sending me messages and instead of a red cross that indicates that I'm no longer on there, they're getting the regular black tick (without the D, which I believe signifies delivered to BB servers but not to the target device). I have seen a number of others who switched getting the red cross sign. How can I make the same happen? I've deactivated my BIS plan with my carrier.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks
    Karan
    02-19-13 01:10 AM
    Your avatar in their BBM will come up as a lighter shade, indicating that the PIN is invalid.

It's their problem, not yours. You may want to just send them a text message telling them to remove you from BBM.

Enjoy your iPhone.
    02-19-13 01:52 AM
    Thanks! I was hoping to not have to manually inform all the people on my list that I'm no longer on. The lighter shade doesn't seem to be happening.
    02-19-13 02:36 AM
    That's how I found out some of my peeps jumped ship. lol. Send out a mass text and be done with it. Otherwise, they will hate you when you
    don't respond to their BBM's.
    02-19-13 03:09 AM