^forgot to mention, I absolutely adored the keyboard. I loved to text constantly just because of the keyboard. Now I started to participate in the forums mainly because I don't text as much as I used to so I needed to feel my hourly typing void. Lol. You can say I'm delightfully infatuated and can't see it ending.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    anusha93 likes this.
    03-18-14 01:41 PM
    Positively surprised and relieved! I was committed to iPhones for more than five years and I had serious doubts as to whether I could ever leave the ecosystem behind, even though I wanted to. iPhone seemed to be the least worst choice for me, but my annoyance with the OS continued to stack up the last couple of years. iOS 7 has been almost nothing but a disappointment for me, with too many things that did not need to change, changes for the worse and things that should have been addressed and weren't. I've played around with Android and Windows Phone devices and the experience was just not great, so I dragged out my decision to switch for more than a year.

The BlackBerry Z10 was more of a purchase by impulse after seeing some videos on YouTube and reading a couple of reviews. The problem was that I could never see the Z10 in action, I never play around with it. I was afraid that I would regret the purchase, but €200 without a contract was worth the risk. Safe to say, my experience has been absolutely fantastic thus far. The UI experience is just as smooth as iOS 6, but it is so much more functional and common-sensical. Being able to see and respond to all my messages in one place, being able to see an LED notification without lighting up the screen, being able to type in three languages with a smart auto-correct function, being able to download, open and edit documents natively. I cannot believe that I did not switch sooner.
    03-18-14 01:57 PM
    My first Blackberry was a Ruby Red Pearl 8100 back in either late 2006/early 2007. Gees, seems so long ago...when AT&T bought Cingular or whatnot. Anyways, it was a free upgrade. I had a choice between the Pearl and the Curve. I remember being super excited as it was my first "smartphone." Since then I've had the 9700, Bold 9900, iPhone 5 (shameful, I know), and now a Q10. I sorta regret giving away my red Pearl, it was so cute! I do still have my 9900 and although I now have my Q10, I refuse to get rid of my trusty ol' 9900. Excited for the release of the Q20 for the trackpad and toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:45 PM
    I felt like a boss. Still do.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:31 PM
    First BlackBerry was the 9700. I was so excited because I managed to get it cheap from someone I know (150GBP). I'm still not sure how he managed to get it at that price since it was brand new. I did end up having to wait nearly 2 months to get my hands on it though.

When he finally let me know I could pick it up, I drove to meet him straight away even though it was snowing lol. I got it home and realised I had to unlock it.

I couldn't wait. I went out again to find a shop where I could unlock it. Cost me another 20GBP but I didn't care.

I was totally over the moon. All my BlackBerry phones after that had the same feeling. Although when I opened the Z10, I was totally overwhelmed by the quality and how it felt. Same with my current Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:41 PM
    My first BB -- which I bought for one cent in 2008 -- was also my first smartphone. This was a red 8310 with a ball in it, and I used it happily for 2 years even though it had neither WiFi nor GPS. Later on, I got two Android phones that were a lot more powerful and capable, but there was never a "I love to hold this phone in my hand" feeling with them.

While shopping for a new phone last year, I realized that for all its lack of features, the 8310 was the only smartphone I had used that I really really loved, and the reason was its addictive, clicky keyboard as opposed to a featureless glass slab. My usage was, and still is, more text centric and though I can type really fast with virtual keyboards, and swype and other technologies, typing on them just isn't a pleasant experience for me. Once I realized that, it was a straightforward decision to get a Q10.

My old 8310 hasn't been retired, however. I have since used it in Asia (India, Thailand and Cambodia) and it worked perfectly with store-bought SIM cards. This year, I have turned it over to my parents who live on the other side of the planet, and they love using BBM on it to keep in touch with me :-) .
    03-18-14 03:55 PM
    I felt impowerd. it's like I have gotten something that really no one else had. And in many respects felt superior to everyone else.

My first blackberry phone was the BlackBerry Z10.

I'm mean, yeah I've tried BlackBerry before but 9/10 they were at retail stores. And usually the curved one.

Anyways I got my first cell phone when I was 16. It was like a basic lg phone with net10. Then 2 years later I got another LG phone, but this time with a touch screen. At the time I started to know what a smart phone was, when android came out on the HTC dream/G1. From then on I discovered what a BlackBerry was and preferd that.

I mean at the time I thought the stuff on the iPhone was gimmicky, and agreed with Maddox (of best page in the universe thread. And with 4chan assessment on the iPhone. I wanted something that is modular, efficient and made for communication first gimmicks second. (okay I was a sucker for games but I didn't get any games until I got my android phone.).

Two years later, a LG Double Play latter, and a debate between the xepiria z and the z10 on /g/led me to purchase the Z10 out of its potential.

When I first bought it in May 15, 2013. I asked the sales women

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:56 PM
    I don't remember the model but was at 2007, I was very excited!

Sent from my Z 30
    03-18-14 04:05 PM
    I moved from a ppc, to a motorola flip phone. I took the plunge to BlackBerry when I purchased the 8530, in 2010 (I too was sad to see palm go by the wayside, and needed a good PIM)
    03-19-14 05:50 AM
    My first blackberry was a silver pearl 8130 in July/August 2008. I thought it was so cool to have the Internet at my fingertips. Blinking red light for notifications was neat too.
    Along with the unlimited data plan I had the time , I felt like a boss.

After that I upgraded to the Pearl 9100 and then went to android (blah) and now back to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:30 AM
    Mine was an 8700 that I got from my employer when I first came to the US. I thought I had fallen through the rabbit hole, coming from some excellent Nokia devices.

Frankly, I thought it was a tool from the stone age; functional for email, but ugly and otherwise underpowered. I had various BlackBerry devices since then, loved some aspects, hated others.

The PlayBook was the one that made me an enthusiast.
    03-19-14 12:46 PM
    It was 2008 and I felt way out of my league.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-19-14 01:02 PM
    I felt very excited because it was my first smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 01:25 PM
    My first one was the curve 8900. At the time it was a nice looking handset. Though at that time, the Web browsing and overall performance was not that great. After the curve 8900, however I got a bold 9900. That thing was a beauty. The chrome trim and the besy keyboard I have ever used, it earns a place on one of my favorite smartphones. Now I have the q10, and I absolutely love the bb10 os. Although one thing I wish for the q10 is the same tactile keyboard on the 9900. The keyboard on the Q10 is although nice, I still prefer the one on the 9930, one of the reasons I'm using the q10 is BlackBerry 10 and the superior battery life and buttons.

Q10
    03-19-14 01:35 PM
    Man that paragraph I just typed took very little time compared to what my speed would be on a virtual keyboard besides the z10 keyboard.

Q10
    03-19-14 01:36 PM
    All squishy inside

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    03-19-14 01:41 PM
    My first was the 9700 bought on November 16th, 2009. After coming from the Sidekick platform, my first impressions weren't good, but most of that was due to the learning curve. The keyboard felt cramped and I had to download apps from BBW that came stock on the Sidekick. Some of the messengers would log me off without me knowing. There were also a couple BIS outages around that time as well. BUT, I'm very, very glad that I stuck with it. It ended up being a great little device once I discovered the ins and outs of owning a BlackBerry.
    My experience was the same as this, only I bailed on the SideKick about a year earlier, in January 2008. So my first BlackBerry was the 8320. It was the mid-price model because I wasn't yet sure about BlackBerry--a point worth noting. Not everybody goes for the flagship when they switch platforms.

As the pantless wonder says, the BB keyboard was a definite step backward from the luxurious SK keyboard. I didn't expect to get used to it, with my large hands, but I managed to anyway. I missed the cloud sync of the SK platform, although the whole "cloud" concept wasn't really out there yet. I just knew I liked the way I could access my phone's PIM functions from my computer, and I thought BlackBerry was a step backward in this respect too. Android didn't yet exist, and of course one of its creators was Andy Rubin, who also helped to create the SideKick platform.

The SideKick also had a "walled garden" app store, before the iPhone existed, but there wasn't a lot in it besides ringtones and a few very primitive games. When I got my 8320 there was no BlackBerry curated app store either. You had to download from various mobile web sites.

But in terms of reliability it was a whole new world. My SideKick battery would drain pretty quickly if I used the thing at all, and service outages were becoming a weekly occurrence. The 8320 battery life was excellent, and if there was a BIS outage, it made headlines, which made me smile after the SK experience.

I soon got into the use of utilities such as QuickLaunch to get things working the way I wanted, and I really had the sense of having a device that was lean and efficient. By the end of 2008, BlackBerry had its own app store going, which made things easier.

So, my initial transition was a little rough, but I quickly became a devoted user, and would like to be one again.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-19-14 02:43 PM
    But in terms of reliability it was a whole new world. My SideKick battery would drain pretty quickly if I used the thing at all, and service outages were becoming a weekly occurrence. The 8320 battery life was excellent, and if there was a BIS outage, it made headlines, which made me smile after the SK experience.
    No matter what platform I'm using, I'm just happy that the dreaded "three dot dance" is out of my life for good!!!
    03-19-14 04:32 PM
    First BlackBerry was a Curve 8300. I was top dog with that device. It was a beast, everyone wanted one! Now many years later, my Z10 can still impress!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:34 PM
    My first Blackberry was a 7100i and I traveled the world with that device and it never let me down.

I still love the track wheel navigation and I could really fly through the menus and was very productive on that device.

Plus it had the walkie talkie function which was an added bonus.

Sent using CB Forum App
    03-19-14 04:49 PM
    First BlackBerry was a torch 9800. It was really great! The keyboard is amazing! Using a Z10 now and no regrets at all!
    Go BlackBerry!

Join my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    03-20-14 05:19 AM
    Man that paragraph I just typed took very little time compared to what my speed would be on a virtual keyboard besides the z10 keyboard.

Q10
    It's easy to type a lot at a time, isn't it? My text messages on average are cut up into two because of the character limit.

Posted without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    03-20-14 10:36 AM
    8330m.
    "I wish my dad got me an iPhone instead"

Forward 2 months.
    "I wish my friends had BBM"

12 months
    "When is my 9650 getting here"

24 months
    "Which 9930 hybrid should I install?"

40 months
    "Sprint where is my Q10"

Q10
    03-20-14 11:36 AM
    Back when, I didn't want anything to do with BB because I didn't like the "business guy in a suit" demographic it was associated with and also thought it was goofy looking (this when the Moto RAZR flip phone was fairly new). A little bit later I needed a phone bad because I basically destroyed mine and found a BB so cheap I thought "what the heck", afterwards it was extremely short order I regretted my ignorance and became so attached that then and flash-forward all the way to now, I can't figure living without it.

How did you feel when you got your first BlackBerry?-mybbs.jpg
    ubizmo and xBURK like this.
    03-20-14 04:06 PM
    My first blackberry was the Nextel version. I felt awesome. Now I have the z10 and I feel more "awesomer rrrr!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:05 PM
85 1234