Im new here so im just getting the hang of things..

Just got a new looking used, 8900 I paid $95 for this phone its unlocked.Tho it has 2 issues, the guy installed a new bezel and case and must have broke the ribbon cables that connect to the top buttons and he also used an EU keyboard that has the a, q, w and z keys filliped, did i do OK at $95?

What are the must need free apps? im using an iphone data plan and will not switch does this hold me back?

I tired to install OS 5.0 and could not, it tells me im not a subscriber to black berry enterprise software, its there a walk around?
    03-04-10 11:56 PM
    broke the cables? do the buttons work?

personally based on what you said my opinion is you wasted $95
    03-05-10 12:07 PM
    If you're using an iphone data plan and don't want to swap to a Blackberry data plan then you could possibly have better spent your $95

A Blackberry without it's associated data plan (either BIS or BES) is only half the whole BB experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 12:23 PM
    broke the cables? do the buttons work?

personally based on what you said my opinion is you wasted $95
    Everything on the phone works, just the top lock button does not work
    03-05-10 02:03 PM
    If you like it, go for it. But like was said above if you won't change your data plan you're pretty much stuck with a phone for texting and calling and could have been a waste of your $95
    03-05-10 02:17 PM
    Wasted 95$ sorry
    03-05-10 03:29 PM
    Actually a phone that is unlocked in terms of putting your own custom ringtones and stuff on it for $95 bucks and works just fine on the network ain't bad. Just add the data plan and voila. If you have a computer with WH2008 server on it I think you can install BES Express for free.
    03-05-10 05:10 PM
    If you like it, go for it. But like was said above if you won't change your data plan you're pretty much stuck with a phone for texting and calling and could have been a waste of your $95
    Totally not true, i have been using gmail, going online with out any issues via wifi and edge, the gmail app has push so i get my emails instantly. i have an iPhone data plan, the only thing i don't have is blackberry mail and messenger. But i already found an IM app too. Oh, I almost never use SMS via text, i 90% of the time use SMS via Google voice in gmail. FYI i do have a 200 sms plan too.

I found that i can use a pass code to lock and unlock the phone with an assigned button on the left side, same as my iphone. All issues i have had have been solved. Every thing works as needed as i say with WiFi and iPhone data plan.
    03-05-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD