Hello Community!
    I just found out something cool...!

Some carriers have this annoying habbit that they push unusefull and weird apps to your device. Have you ever wished to delete this stuff? If you select the Icon, click Menu, then you don't find a 'Delete' Item in the List.

But here is a way how to delete these apps:

1. Browse throught your apps on your homescreen (folders) and see which ones you want to delete
    2. Go to Options
    3. Advanced Options
    4. Service Book
    5. Now search in the list if you find that app you want to delete
    6. Select it (don't click it)
    7. Menu
    8. Delete

Now the application is deleted! Cool! One drawback: it will come up again when the device is rebooted BUT currently I am working on an app that runs shortly after a reboot that deletes your unwanted pushed apps. How does that sound? Anyone interested?

Hope I could help some of you guys!
    For more tips on BlackBerry, follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/FabianMH

Regards,
    -Fabian
    09-09-09 01:30 AM
    Hello Community!

Some carriers have this annoying habbit that they push unusefull and weird apps to your device. Have you ever wished to delete this stuff? If you select the Icon, click Menu, then you don't find a 'Delete' Item in the List.

1. Browse throught your apps on your homescreen (folders) and see which ones you want to delete
    2. Go to Options
    3. Advanced Options
    4. Service Book
    7. Menu
    8. Delete

Now the application is deleted! Cool! One drawback: it will come up again when the device is rebooted BUT currently I am working on an app that runs shortly after a reboot that deletes your unwanted pushed apps. How does that sound? Anyone interested?

For more tips on BlackBerry, follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/FabianMH

Regards,
    -Fabian
    Fabian, you are a genius. I love your apps and ideas. I wouldn't mind trying it out!

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 01:33 AM
    gotta love the carrier pushed crap. I dont use any of it and I probably never will. this app sounds like an interesting idea.
    09-09-09 01:50 AM
    When your ready for a beta tester, I'm in.

09-09-09 01:54 AM
    I'll post here when I look for testers. Hope that RIM does not protect/block the needed API...!
    09-09-09 01:59 AM
    I'll post here when I look for testers. Hope that RIM does not protect/block the needed API...!
    I hope not too! I will gladly test your app/s if ya want me to?

09-09-09 02:05 AM
    Same here. If u need a beta tester just let me know.

Keep us posted on twitter as well.
    09-10-09 12:40 PM
    That little app sounds nice.
    But yeah its better just to make a file with all of the content in it and hide it.
    That way you dont have to keep deleting it everytime to reboot
    09-10-09 12:43 PM
    Same here. If u need a beta tester.....I'd be more than glad to help.

Please also keep us updated on twitter as well.

Thanks!
    09-10-09 12:48 PM
    Hello Community!

2. Go to Options
    3. Advanced Options
    4. Service Book
    7. Menu
    8. Delete

For more tips on BlackBerry, follow me on Twitter: Fabian Heuwieser (FabianMH) on Twitter

Regards,
    -Fabian
    Great idea for an app. Would definitely love testing that for you if you need someone.
    09-10-09 12:50 PM
    That would be real nice, I want to get all this att stuff of my phone

09-10-09 12:52 PM
    GREAT IDEA!! i'm certainly interested! i some how ended up with two copies of VZtones!! WTF?!
    09-10-09 12:59 PM
    Oh yes, that would be awesome. Can't wait, having to delete all over again after reboot is no fun!

09-10-09 01:09 PM
    They are not "apps" that are pused to your phone, they are simply browser shortcuts to download the app if you want it. They take up almost no space and hiding them is the best solution. Once they're hidden you won't think about them again. The app to delete these service books will probably be larger than all the service books combined.
    09-10-09 01:14 PM
    Love your apps. I'd love to beta test this app. Keep up the good work.

09-10-09 01:36 PM
    Hello Community!

2. Go to Options
    3. Advanced Options
    4. Service Book
    7. Menu
    8. Delete

For more tips on BlackBerry, follow me on Twitter: Fabian Heuwieser (FabianMH) on Twitter

Regards,
    -Fabian
    I would love to try something like this out. I never use the crap they push to the phone
    09-10-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD