I have a very long conversation I need to copy and when i do, I am only getting some of it. Can I load it to my laptop somehow?
    Or is it on there when I back up? If so, how can I read it?
    Last edited by treycool; 01-11-08 at 01:22 AM.
    01-11-08 12:46 AM
    There is not a way I know of to copy a BB Messenger conversation in one long thread. Good luck.
    01-11-08 01:23 AM
    Thanks. I managed to copy and paste it into an email through gmail, then sent it to myself. That was the only program on the bb that allowed for a big enough field. Hotmail, facebook and the bb email all had very small text fields.

I did try the ABC converter program but it pulled up everything from the backup except the messenger conversations.
    01-11-08 08:02 AM
    i was able to copy history of a several week long conversation and then paste it into an email using the native blackberry email client.
    01-11-08 04:42 PM
    Sith, how did you do that?

In Messenger, I can never select more the than one person's chat a at a time.
    01-11-08 05:09 PM
    What?? JSanders doesn't know something? With as much as you use Messenger you should know that

In the convo, press the Menu button and click Copy History. Then paste wherever you want.
    01-11-08 06:02 PM

Well I never cease to learn, and never cease to be amazed at what is possible!

Thank you both!
    01-11-08 06:25 PM
    hey its why we have these forums, if we all knew it all, there wouldnt be a need for em
    01-11-08 06:27 PM
    Absolutely!
    01-11-08 06:29 PM
    i need help with this! none of the above options are working Gmail, BB compose, nothing will take it... Ant other ideas
    12-12-08 04:08 AM
    i need help with this! none of the above options are working Gmail, BB compose, nothing will take it... Ant other ideas
    In the BBM convo, you press Menu and select "Copy Conversation," to put the conversation in the clipboard, right?

Then what happens? Too big for clipboard? Can't paste from clipboard into email? Any error messages?

Here's a wild idea: if it fits into the clipboard but not an email because of size, how about downloading a trial version of eOffice and pasting it into an eWord document?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 12-12-08 at 08:16 AM.
    12-12-08 08:11 AM
    Although I have never understood why anyone would want to
    save a BBM chat, try this: In the BBM conversation press menu >
    select copy history > open Memo Pad and paste it there.
    12-12-08 08:28 AM
    Although I have never understood why anyone would want to
    save a BBM chat, try this: In the BBM conversation press menu >
    select copy history > open Memo Pad and paste it there.
    AG, I tried that with a rather long convo and it was too big for MemoPad. Then I opened an email, same problem when attempting to paste. I'm guessing the OP is having a problem because of the size of the copied material.

12-12-08 08:31 AM
    AG, I tried that with a rather long convo and it was too big for MemoPad. Then I opened an email, same problem when attempting to paste. I'm guessing the OP is having a problem because of the size of the copied material.
    Gotcha. That was a shot in the dark. Again when I'm done with a convo I just
    close it out so I have no great experience on this one. I may have to get in a
    long, protracted conversation with my sister to try out the options.
    12-12-08 08:42 AM
    Just click "Copy History" then you can paste into a .doc file. I have done it several times before.
    12-12-08 09:21 AM
    I just press menu>select>highlight the convo>hit menu>copy. Paste it in an e-mail and done...
    12-12-08 09:24 AM
    I just press menu>select>highlight the convo>hit menu>copy. Paste it in an e-mail and done...
    Yabut� not if it's too big :-) Been there, done that. Docs to Go or eOffice could do the trick by pasting into a new document.

12-12-08 04:58 PM
    go to the message, menu, copy message it will tell you it sent it to your clipboard, now go back to your emails compose new email. goto body of email and click menu then paste. It will past your conversation. Also remember to remove this from your clipboard by goinng options->securtiy-->memory cleaning, enable then choose clipboard to clean! I searched and search and couldn't find this solution anywhere. I hope it helps someone!
    09-23-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD