They need to be different and compelling. The stuff they demoed at conferences is different and compelling.

Droids like specs

iOS users like attractive products and apps
    Android users and iOS users both want apps, streamlined for their platform, preferably something that can communicate cross platform.

I stuck with an iPhone 4 because it had certain apps that were just not entirely as great on Android for a while, when they popped I switched to my current Galaxy Nexus.

BB10 can be nice and pretty and very productive to use but unless it has all the important apps from the getgo, it will fail, simple as that.
    04-04-12 12:31 AM
    My question to you, Crackberry, is how can RIM fight back with Blackberry Phone 10. How should it be demonstrated and portrayed to the consumer? What would be the most effective method of convincing consumers that the iPhone isn't that cool at all, but BB10 phones.

I ask as a previous BB9900-user-now-iPhone4s user who wishes to return to BB...if BB10 will offer social gaming apps that many of my friends use. May I switch back to BB even if they don't have them? Possibly...I am very busy, so I find the iPhone to be...a fix...like heroin. I miss BB9900, but I wanted to have an iPhone on me because I absolutely *LOVE* what it can do...when I need it. I don't need iOS 24/7, so it's good at what I need 10% of the time.
    Trying to be a member of two cults can be rather dangerous. How about just dropping this insipid "conversion" BS, and let RIM succeed or fail on the basis of its products. RIM is paying no one on this site to sell their products. If someone asks, give them an honest answer. Otherwise, accept that it is just a phone and the world will not end because someone else likes a different product.
    04-04-12 01:00 AM
    Produce a relevant product with a vibrant ecosystem.

Look what happened with HP TouchPad.
    WebOS is nice but it's useless without a good ecosystem to back it up.

I rooted mine and put Android 4.04 on it. I haven't booted webOS since, there's no reason to.

I'm on my second Android phone since I dropped bb, I'm not missing anything.

If rim produces something relevant I'll take another look.

I want the best device for my needs, both business & personal, rim doesn't have it right now.
    I'm betting rim will be behind once again when bb10 (or whatever) is released.
    04-04-12 01:24 AM
    This is the lack of a CMO

RIM needs CMO that will take pride in the advertising of RIM products
    +1 vote for Crackberry Kevin. :
    04-04-12 05:14 AM
    we will not rest until we give you the consumer the best mobile communication experience possible!"
    I really really hope NO ONE in RIM is saying that. If they are it would mean they haven't learnt a thing in the last 4 years.

The high end market for a mobile communication device has become extremely niche. The high end (or smartphone) market is almost completely a mobile computing device market now.
    04-04-12 05:25 AM
    Without apps they'll never come back. Me personally, Get Flipboard, AutoCADws, decent photo and video editing software and (i hate to say it) DrawSomething and I'd be more inclined to take another look.
    04-04-12 07:52 AM
    RIM needs to have apps and content easily available to at least say they're trying to play in the same ball game as Apple and Google. The hardware has to has to be competitive and include things like a front facing camera and high res display. Some sort of native cloud service wouldn't hurt either. Then they need to layer on the BlackBerry messaging experience. The email, BBM, push notifications, the blinking LED etc.

I think people still want a smartphone as a communication device, they just want it also to be able to do other things. If RIM can get those other things taken care of and include that with what they're still good at, it may make consumers think twice.
    04-04-12 09:53 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD