Yes it's only there for the use of the Nike software for workout monitoring. I'm sure someone is working on tryin to hack that to use it other Bluetooth enabled devices. I don't think apple would ever open it up so we have to hack it ourselves. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can connect my iPod touch to my motorola ROCKR bluetooth headset. Not to my blackberry though.
    03-01-10 10:05 AM
    I have tried many time to to connect mt iPod touch to my blackberry curve. Everything goes ok till my ipod asks me to enter my blackberry PIN. I allows me to enter numbers but not letters...............bummer..........any ideas?
    i have the same thing happening...i get to that point and i cant type in letters...can anyone help???
    05-01-10 12:47 PM
    Anyone have an update on this yet?!?
    06-24-10 10:27 AM
    I was doing some research on this issue and discovered iBluever. It is an app I found after jailbreaking my iPod Touch 3G. You can download the demo through Cydia and buy for $5. Definitely try the demo first to ensure that everything works.

Basically all you do is use iBluever to connect to your Blackberry (which support DUN over bluetooth) by using certain settings, depending on what carrier you are on. I am with Verizon and once I connected I had to agree to the additional 5Gb $25/mo tethering thing so that I can share my Blackberry's internet connection. I have not found a way to do it for completely free and I highly doubt that there is one, but for $5 once and a monthly fee of like $25 with Verizon, you can have internet on your iPod Touch wherever you have a cell signal. I especially love this because I am a real estate agent and when it is slow at open houses, I jump on my iPod Touch and utilize this feature. Also, as I drive around town, I will stream Pandora to my iPod Touch which interfaces with my car. If you have any questions, let me know. I must warn you though, I am by no means an expert.
    07-01-10 08:32 AM
    my question is can a bb sent out a wifi signal out that a wifi lap or even an itouch can receive. i know someone that can do it with an iphone.
    07-02-10 12:02 AM
    can bold 9650 give you caller ID over your bluetooth headset?
    07-02-10 12:09 AM
    is there an app that would allow a 9650 bold to be used like a tomtom talking nav devise?
    07-02-10 12:11 AM
    is there an app that would allow a 9650 bold to be used like a tomtom talking nav devise?
    07-02-10 12:13 AM
    Keeps saying it can't connect.

=/
    07-04-10 06:08 PM
    Just wondering if anyone had made any progress on connecting the bb to the ipod touch. I've been unsuccessful as well.
    08-10-10 06:26 PM
    iPod touch 4Gen sees my 9700 but doesn't connect... 9700 sees the iTouch but can't tell if it is actually connected...
    09-11-10 11:03 PM
    Same here.. my iTouch 4thGen was able to see my BB9000 but when i tried sending files, it wont work. For some reason, i guess BlackBerry is only for BlackBerry and vice versa. They hate each others company so they blocked of any connection between Apple & RIM's device. Notice that BB wont work with Nokia as well.
    09-13-10 07:40 AM
    No problems here w/ AT&T, Touch, & 9700...just have to get the right sequence down when setting it up.

First, forget either device. Forget BB on Touch, forget Touch on BB. Then turn off Bluetooth on the Touch (critical step!). Open PDANet on BB. Then back to the Touch. Go into iBluever. Turn on bluetooth from inside iBluever. Select BB (or search if not popping up, then select BB). Enter your GPRS settings (do a Google for "Share your iBluever settings", post count isn't high enough to directly link). Click Done. Then tap on the Device & your BB should then prompt to create a BT passcode. Enter it. Enter it on Touch. Everything should connect. If you keep getting the Settings screen, it means the GPRS settings weren't correct. Once you successfully connect, it'll remember your settings for one click connect.

Using AT&T & BB9700, the following settings worked for me:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Dial: *99#
    User: isp @ cingulargprs . com (no spaces)
    Pass: cingular1
    Script: Default

Good luck!
    10-01-10 09:36 AM
    Hi. I was reading all this, and got no answer lol, i have a bb 8520 and a brand new ipod touch. my bb says its paired. my ipod shows my bb, but also says not connected. they are sitting right beside each other. any advice?
    01-03-11 01:26 AM
    I just got a 4gn Touch and i have blue tooth but i yet have not connected to my touch its BS. have you check any apps from Cydia might help.
    02-23-11 08:37 AM
    No problems here w/ AT&T, Touch, & 9700...just have to get the right sequence down when setting it up.

Using AT&T & BB9700, the following settings worked...
    Good luck!
    Great instructions BR, thanks so much! I actually have an old iPhone 3GS (jailbroken) that I'm using as an iPod, and I would like to tether it to use data from my At&t 9700 on the go. I know it has Bluetooth, but I have two questions:

1) Can iPhone accept an incoming Internet bridge over Bluetooth?

2) Will iBluever or other settings mgmt app install on iPhone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-11 04:49 PM
    I don't see any answer to WestDev's post above.
    Just because people use Blackberry does not mean they should not be touching any Apple product. Keep in mind that iPod is a great music player, and many people use it along with their blackberries or other phones.

I am also on the same boat, where I would like to use iPod apps, especially the ones that require internet by pairing it to my Blackberry via Bluetooth so I can actually make use of those apps.

It's been a long time since this topic was started, so I hope there has been developments and we can use iPod to connect to internet over AT&T Blackberry (I also have AT&T 9700, running 5.0)
    11-29-11 04:06 PM
    Okayy for the ipod touch or any other iDevices to be connected with a different phone other than and iDevices it has to be jailbroken. If its jailbroken there is this app in Cydia called Celeste Bluetooth which will let u connect the ipod touch or iphones to connect to any other phones/devices.

Hope that Helps
    03-08-12 11:11 AM
    i have the ipod touch 4th gen and it has bluetooth, i want to send a vid from my blackberry to my ipod, it paired but it would not connect and i was unable to send the video. i really want it on my ipod, can anyone help?! icant send it as a email :'(
    01-01-13 12:56 PM
    iPod Touch >Settings>General>BlueTooth>On
    01-05-13 10:02 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD