I was wondering if anyone knows how to connect a blackberry to a ipod touch via bluetooth... if so could you explain it to me?
    08-28-09 11:23 PM
    Does a ipod touch even have bluetooth? If it does it should connect like any other bluetooth. Just gotta make sure one or the other is discoverable.

But again, I'm pretty sure the ipod touch doesn't have bluetooth. Atleast mine didnt
    08-29-09 01:18 AM
    the itouch does since firmware 3.0. it should just be the same as pairing the bb with any other device
    08-29-09 04:14 AM
    I've got 3.0 on my IPod touch 16G & I have been all over it since the upgrade. .
    There is no bluetooth Icon.
    And how would an upgrade give anything "bluetooth" abilities if the hardware isn't there?
    Do "bigger" (anything over 16G) IPod Touchs have bluetooth?
    Confused & curious...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 04:55 AM
    Iphones have bluetooth....ipod touches don't,end of story...

08-29-09 05:28 AM
    Why would you want to corrupt your BB by connecting it to an I-anything?

08-29-09 05:50 AM

Actually the 2G iPod Touch does have Bluetooth, but it is limited (by software) to only connect to Nike+ accessories.

Its possible that a future software update will allow an iPod Touch to do other Bluetooth things...
    08-29-09 06:06 AM
    Clexman is right on this one. It's all to do with workouts & using Nike/Ipod enabled equipment & shoes, etc...

Apple - Nike + iPod

But I do have my doubts that Apple will ever get into open talks with anyone to enable bluetooth with anything but Apple devices. But that's my personal opinion backed up by nothing at all.

But bottom line BlackBerryChamp: Ipods 2G & BB's can not share anything via bluetooth at this time.
    Last edited by StoneColdx; 08-29-09 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added info
    08-29-09 08:44 AM
    Why would you want to corrupt your BB by connecting it to an I-anything?

Hahaha

08-29-09 10:43 AM

My 16GB iPod Touch running the 3.0 OS has a Bluetooth option in settings under General.
    EDIT: Ill post pictures tommorow with my Bold connected to my iPod
    Last edited by BrandonB510; 08-29-09 at 11:49 PM.
    08-29-09 11:44 PM
    Touch with 3.0 does indeed support Bluetooth.
    08-30-09 07:03 PM
    Well then in that case I was wrong and I am truly sorry
    08-30-09 07:49 PM
    New story.............. Do some research before you write fiction! The iPod Touch certainly does have Bluetooth and has has since the 3.0 s/w update.... And not just for iWalk (Nike.) I listen to music from mine in the truck all the time via Bluetooth.

$20 says I'm right...............

R...

08-30-09 08:38 PM
    Alright, so we've established that the iPod Touch DOES have bluetooth capabilities AFTER installing the new 3.0 OS. Next question is, has anyone used the iPod Touch to connect to the internet throught the Blackberry bluetooth by pairing them? I only ask because I want to, but don't want to waste 10 bucks if they won't. I would rather waste it on apps for my Blackberry than giving it to Apple if they don't deserve it.

Thanks
    09-10-09 03:55 PM
    New story.............. Do some research before you write fiction! The iPod Touch certainly does have Bluetooth and has has since the 3.0 s/w update.... And not just for iWalk (Nike.) I listen to music from mine in the truck all the time via Bluetooth.

$20 says I'm right...............

R...
    I think we can agree that this technology is moving very fast. I mean, I'm a young guy (26) yet this whole Bluetooth thing is changing everything. If someone hasn't found a way to pair a 2nd or 3rd generation Ipod to a Blackberry, to in essence make a poor man's Iphone for other cellular carriers, they likely will soon.

-MD
    10-07-09 08:48 AM
    Alright, so we've established that the iPod Touch DOES have bluetooth capabilities AFTER installing the new 3.0 OS. Next question is, has anyone used the iPod Touch to connect to the internet throught the Blackberry bluetooth by pairing them? I only ask because I want to, but don't want to waste 10 bucks if they won't. I would rather waste it on apps for my Blackberry than giving it to Apple if they don't deserve it.

Thanks
    AFAIK the iTouch does NOT support dial-up networking (DUN), so no, it won't connect to the internet using a BlackBerry.

Now, if you connect your Berry to your WiFi-enabled laptop, then use your laptop as a wireless access point, you could connect your iTouch that way...

Or e-mail TetherBerry and see if they're interested in making an iPod version of their app.
    10-07-09 10:28 AM
    I have connected my blackberry to my Ipod Touch but although my Ipod Touch recognizes my blackberry it won't connect to it. I am sure someone will come along and give us a way of achieving this soon.
    I notice that apple only opened up the bluetooth on the Ipod Touch because some people were already jail breaking it and giving bluetooth access... However Apple made money by charging. That is Capitalism in action
    11-24-09 08:33 PM

hmmmm....I must have be seeing things when looking at the bluetooth setting on my itouch then
    12-25-09 04:41 PM
    I just picked up 3rd gen ipod touch today, and it has blue tooth. Tried to connect w/my blackberry. I wanted to send a photo from by BB (because it has such an awesome camera!) to my ipod, and, like someone said, my ipod recognized my blackberry was there but wouldn't connect to it, and I ended up emailing the photo from my blackberry to myself, and opening the email on my ipod in order to get it. Seems like that's going the long way around, but it worked. What's the point of bluetooth if you can't connect?
    12-31-09 11:20 PM
    Yes, it does have bluetooth. I would post pictures of it, but my post count isn't high enough yet.

Bluetooth is a wireless network protocol. My knowledge of bluetooth knowledge is limited, but I do know that each device is limited by the services it allows. If those services are limited by hardware then I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult to hack. On the other hand, if it's simply a matter of manipulating protocols, I don't think it would be that difficult.

This Blackberry vs. iPhone/iPod debate gets old when it gets to be fanboi vs. fanboi. It reminds me of people arguing Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevy. You're arguing over brand loyalty, not functionality. Comparing an iPhone to a Blackberry is like comparing Apples to Potatoes. Both are food, but that's about were the similarities end.

I have an iPod Touch (jailbroken) because it has an amazing apps store that blows Blackberry's away. That being said, my Blackberry does email and texting MUCH better than my iPod. Being able to connect to the Blackberry via bluetooth would be awesome. I could take pictures via my Tour, transfer them to my iPod for editing in Photoshop Mobile and then upload them via my Blackberry's data connection.

Connecting an iPod via bluetooth via a Blackberry would be a game changer. The iPod Touch is basically everything that is good about an iPhone, with that bad stuff (the phone and the cellular provider) stripped away.

And FYI, with my Macbook I've already done something like this. I could tether my laptop to my BB for internet and use it as an access point and connect that way. This would just be MUCH easier and much more mobile.
    01-01-10 09:52 PM
    let me get this straight. The itouch only supports bluetooth with apple devices. And not Blackberrys.
    01-20-10 09:51 AM
    let me get this straight. The itouch only supports bluetooth with apple devices. And not Blackberrys.
    Yes it's only there for the use of the Nike software for workout monitoring. I'm sure someone is working on tryin to hack that to use it other Bluetooth enabled devices. I don't think apple would ever open it up so we have to hack it ourselves. Lol

01-29-10 12:38 PM
    Damn does this work now?
    02-03-10 10:33 PM
    Seems to me like there's a real big hole in the market for someone to create an internet access point application for wifi enabled blackberries.

How awesome would that be? no more tethering, use any device.
    02-16-10 06:17 PM
    I have tried many time to to connect mt iPod touch to my blackberry curve. Everything goes ok till my ipod asks me to enter my blackberry PIN. I allows me to enter numbers but not letters...............bummer..........any ideas?
    02-16-10 09:17 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD