Hey everyone, quick question.

I've had my bold for about 9 months now, and I love it still :P yay! But I've got a doubt. I started looking at my phone and now the speaker grill (where you put your ear) looks like its got its holes all clogged up. I don't know, it could be me. But it looks like it's not that clean. I searched around, and I saw that people for the Storm (for their loud speaker) use Scotch Tape.

Does anyone know how to clean the speaker grill? thanks.
    09-13-09 11:28 AM
    i used canned air for my speaker grill and entire BlackBerry!

09-13-09 12:01 PM
    i used canned air for my speaker grill and entire BlackBerry!

That's exactly what will work and should be the only method you use in
    cleaning the speaker grill.
    09-13-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks guys hehe. I also took some rubbing alcohol, a very small amount, on a cue-tip, and cleaned it a little, and then rubbed it with some cloth lightly. Ran the scotch tape, and then the duster. mmm... Let's try out some phone calls
    09-13-09 04:27 PM
    All of the above? They all sound good to me.
    09-13-09 07:48 PM
    I used duck tape.... it always worked for me but I will try some of the other suggestions.
    09-13-09 07:49 PM
    ohh, that's to know...been wondering for a while
    09-13-09 08:05 PM
    has any one tried the air? if so does it push it in or away?
    09-16-09 03:37 PM
    I use a coffee stirrer/straw flattened on one end. You can use it to gently scrape out the speaker slit (I've got a Pearl, not sure of the differences between phones but I know they're similar) Plus you can blow thru it and it works the same as canned air.

BUT, if you use this method, your saliva will come thru the straw eventually so be careful not to get the speaker wet.

I use this method because coffee straws are always available at work and they are free.
    09-16-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD