So there I was, home in bed. Sleeping away and my BB goes off waking me up. It was an email from someone saying they had purchased a Mac G4 from a yardsale here in Towson, MD.

This struck me as odd, because its been ages since I used a G4 and I only used it for a short time. I was a District Manager for TMO and they had requested them to be sent back. I only had this machine for about a month back in 2003 I do believe.

So fast forward to tonight about 45 minutes ago. This woman had finally googled "bduschel" and it came up as the name I use on here at cb.com She sends me an email hoping its me? Which turns out she hit the jackpot. I gave her the password which was very easy for me to remember because of the hint I used. "In Blood". PW was "plasma". I actually use to play tons of Starfleet Command and played as a romulan...lol Their fave weapon was plasma.

So there ya have it. cb.com to the rescue!!!!!
    Last edited by bduschel; 06-23-08 at 06:56 AM.
    06-22-08 09:41 PM
    I missed it, so how did this save you money?
    06-22-08 09:44 PM
    thats very cool to hear!
    Thanks for shareing.
    sometimes its good that our user names come up on fourms (any fourms) and sometimes its not..depending on whos looking
    I have been tracking down a bunch of old friends in the last year...imputting their user names/emails into google and am happy to say theres at least 14 of us that had a happy reunion
    06-22-08 09:46 PM
    I missed it, so how did this save you money?
    He saved the woman who purchased the notebook some cash by having the password for the G4, without it she probably wouldn't have been able to use the notebook.
    06-22-08 10:06 PM
    Wow you are very generous and lucky you had your bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 10:13 PM
    Talk about a long shot she really got lucky.
    06-22-08 11:05 PM
    she could have always reinstalled the OS. Esp bc apple is "honor code" they have no keys. As long as she knew the parameters i'm sure she could have found a copy os osx somewhere through friends

But thats pretty cool she did detective work....i would have just wiped it lol.
    06-22-08 11:08 PM
    she could have always reinstalled the OS. Esp bc apple is "honor code" they have no keys. As long as she knew the parameters i'm sure she could have found a copy os osx somewhere through friends

But thats pretty cool she did detective work....i would have just wiped it lol.
    ya seriously...but then again she probably had no idea how to wipe it n the laptop being old she prolly didnt wanna pay to get it wiped.
    still curious how this saved u money tho.
    06-22-08 11:16 PM
    ya seriously...but then again she probably had no idea how to wipe it n the laptop being old she prolly didnt wanna pay to get it wiped.

I am pretty sure he wasn't talking about himself, but about the woman who bought the computer.
    06-23-08 12:07 AM
    I am pretty sure he wasn't talking about himself, but about the woman who bought the computer.
    Exactly. She took a shot in the dark and it paid off. Im sure they didnt include and software or other Chotchkeys. Here's the funny thing about this computer. I only had it a month or so, before it was sent back to our home office...or so I thought. My Regional Manager came to my office to actually collect this model. He did this with all his DM's at the time. For it to show up at a yard sale 5 years later? hmmmmmm?
    06-23-08 07:00 AM
    So there I was, home in bed. Sleeping away and my BB goes off waking me up. It was an email from someone saying they had purchased a Mac G4 from a yardsale here in Towson, MD.

This struck me as odd, because its been ages since I used a G4 and I only used it for a short time. I was a District Manager for TMO and they had requested them to be sent back. I only had this machine for about a month back in 2003 I do believe.

So fast forward to tonight about 45 minutes ago. This woman had finally googled "bduschel" and it came up as the name I use on here at cb.com She sends me an email hoping its me? Which turns out she hit the jackpot. I gave her the password which was very easy for me to remember because of the hint I used. "In Blood". PW was "plasma". I actually use to play tons of Starfleet Command and played as a romulan...lol Their fave weapon was plasma.

So there ya have it. cb.com to the rescue!!!!!

Highly interesting story. On a side note, I noticed your from Abingdon, I'm from Bel Air.
    06-23-08 09:05 AM
    So what is Google or CB that saved her the money? LOL
    06-23-08 09:30 AM
    I guess both Google and CB saved her money. Interesting story indeed.
    06-23-08 10:35 AM
    I guess both Google and CB saved her money. Interesting story indeed.
    If it werent for her searching my user name and finding me on cb.com? She would have spent much more time, effort and most importantly $$$$$ getting this laptop to operate.

So it was google and cb.com to the rescue.
    06-23-08 11:16 AM
    I'm still kind of confused.. are you saying that somewhere along the line, you owned the same G4.. and then T-mo must have sold the G4 which happened to be sold at a yardsale? how did you get the email?

I'm confused..lol
    06-23-08 11:21 AM
    This has probably already been said, but if you notice the title didn't say that it saved HIM money, it said it saved SOMEONE money--in this case the woman who purchased his old notebook.
    06-23-08 12:37 PM
    I'm still kind of confused.. are you saying that somewhere along the line, you owned the same G4.. and then T-mo must have sold the G4 which happened to be sold at a yardsale? how did you get the email?

I'm confused..lol
    Slightly, my former Regional Manager took our laptops because we were upgraded. They were to be sent back to the Home Office. Apparently they never made it there because it remained in Maryland. Then shows up at a Yard sale here locally.

I used this laptop back in 2003. Not even a month before it was upgraded. So this lady purchased it from said yard sale yesterday. Unable to get the password, she searched out my username and found me on cb.com
    06-23-08 01:05 PM
    Ah..

So.. your former RM stole from the company then.. unless he was approved to take them and sell them =P
    06-23-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD