i need help....... i brought my bb to japan (im traveling now) and i need to use internet without extra $$$. i mean i just want to use wifi but it doesnt work does anybody know how to setup? please help!!
    09-05-10 01:20 AM
    You have to go into Manage Connections, the use the wifi menu and SCAN for connections or wifi. It should show a list. Try finding out if your hotel or coffee shop or sushi restaurant is on the list and if they require a password.

I guess I should have started with what have you tried?
    09-05-10 09:20 AM
    when i first got my bold and it was unactivated, the wifi would not work. as soon as i activated it, the wifi worked. is the phone currently activated on your account?
    09-05-10 09:22 AM
    You have to have data on and off for roaming. This allows you to connect via wifi for your data. Your data will only come through when you are connected to wifi. Just used it in Mexico and it worked great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 09:32 AM
    +1 on the suggestions above.
    i think it's safe to assume that the phone is activated.
    check the wi-fi connection from the router/server that you're trying to access.. coz you may not have the permission to use it..
    YES you can log on to it.... full bars probably but if there are restrictions.. then you can't access the net.
    my suggestion is to try different spots with FREE wifi like a coffee shop or a hotel.. if it works there then the problem is the area where you are now.
    09-05-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD