its gotta be easy to do i just cant figure it out...

and is there a feature like on the iphone that will notify you when wifi is available?
    08-02-09 11:39 AM
    verizon doesnt have wifi
    08-02-09 11:41 AM
    if u have a wi-fi capable phone, there is a notification. Thus the hope in this forum for a wifi storm2!
    08-02-09 11:43 AM
    so the storm isnt able to connect to a wireless network? thats pretty sucky.
    08-02-09 11:44 AM
    on the iphone you can connect to whatever wireless network is available... i didnt think it had anything to do with the carrier, at that point service is provided by a network hub.
    08-02-09 11:45 AM
    so the storm isnt able to connect to a wireless network? thats pretty sucky.
    yup. that's one of its flaws.
    08-02-09 11:46 AM
    blackberry on cdma doesn't have wifi but that will change but verizon window mobiles do have wifi.
    08-02-09 11:46 AM
    on the iphone you can connect to whatever wireless network is available... i didnt think it had anything to do with the carrier, at that point service is provided by a network hub.
    well for the storm its a diff. story. remember the iphone and blackberrys are two different phones.

verizon just doesnt do wifi. i dont see the big fuss. if you have the data plan then you're set. you have data. you can go on the internet. but people perfer wifi and 3g.
    08-02-09 11:47 AM
    this is a disappointment.
    08-02-09 11:48 AM
    this is a disappointment.
    you didnt know that before you bought it?
    08-02-09 11:49 AM
    if i did i suppose i wouldnt be disappointed. ive had this phone for months now but just starting to notice where its lacking...
    08-02-09 11:54 AM
    obviously you have been using it for months, and just now you wanted to ask about wifi?? doesnt seem like it would be too big of a deal to you. if it is now, sorry man.... gotta do a little more research next time.
    08-02-09 12:07 PM
    obviously you have been using it for months, and just now you wanted to ask about wifi?? doesnt seem like it would be too big of a deal to you. if it is now, sorry man.... gotta do a little more research next time.
    yes, ive been using it for months and just decided to see if i could connect via wifi instead. its not a big deal, man, i just assumed it was capable. thx for your "help"
    08-02-09 12:20 PM
    if i did i suppose i wouldnt be disappointed. ive had this phone for months now but just starting to notice where its lacking...
    Picking between a Verizon or AT&T BB has pros and cons with data, and obviously it sucks that (until the Storm 2 comes out this fall) CDMA BlackBerrys don't have data, but the tradeoff is that the Storm, Tour, Curve etc. as offered by Verizon are all 3G, whereas even the Curve 8900 is 2G, so it's all relative. It's not an issue with the carrier itself though, because you can get plenty of CDMA devices that have Wi-Fi (HTC Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Palm Treo Pro etc.), so it's just BlackBerry for whatever reason deciding that it made the most sense to not include Wi-Fi for an unfortunately long time.
    08-02-09 12:20 PM
    asbestos!!
    08-02-09 01:12 PM
    well for the storm its a diff. story. remember the iphone and blackberrys are two different phones.

verizon just doesnt do wifi. i dont see the big fuss. if you have the data plan then you're set. you have data. you can go on the internet. but people perfer wifi and 3g.
    yes they do on Winmo phones just not on BB's

and the big fuss is that if you are in an area that has little or no signal (at my house) and you have a wireless (wifi) network than I would be able to use my BB at home. If I want to use it at home now I have to go out into the middle of the yard or up the hill. Wifi for me would be great.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 08-02-09 at 02:09 PM.
    08-02-09 02:04 PM
    Just leave the guy alone. All he did was didn't make use of the search function. Give him a brake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:13 PM
    I cleaned up the thread a bit. Remember gang no personal attacks! If you have nothing positive to add to the thread then add NOTHING!
    08-02-09 03:28 PM
    I don't see what the problem is here....
    Why can't yall just tell him how to enable the wifi? Its almost like there's some kind of double secret probation thing going on where no one wants anyone else to know how to use wifi on their storms.
    Options> mobile network> BB key> hidden menu> hidden radios> wifi options> BB key> enable wifi> BB key> close> save. Alternate between BB key and close until you reach the home screen.
    There..... Was that so hard?

Last edited by wayfr; 08-02-09 at 06:46 PM.
    08-02-09 06:37 PM
    I love my storm <----positive

OP, do you ever look at specs when you buy stuff or do you have enough money to blow were it doesnt matter what crap you buy?
    08-02-09 06:37 PM
    Why can't yall just tell him how to enable the wifi? Its almost like there's some kind of double secret probation thing going on where no one wants anyone else to know how to use wifi on their storms.
    Options> mobile network> BB key> hidden menu> hidden radios> wifi options> BB key> enable wifi> BB key> close> save. Alternate between BB key and close until you reach the home screen.

shhhh that's supposed to be a secret!
    08-02-09 06:55 PM
    I cleaned up the thread a bit. Remember gang no personal attacks! If you have nothing positive to add to the thread then add NOTHING!
    *sigh* so many things I want to say ... But I guess I'll keep my mouth shut ...

08-02-09 07:52 PM

Hidden menu? Hidden radios? None of this is on my storm... I thought that verizon blackberrys didnt have wifi until 2010?
    08-02-09 10:05 PM
    Hidden menu? Hidden radios? None of this is on my storm... I thought that verizon blackberrys didnt have wifi until 2010?
    hahahahahahaha
    08-02-09 10:11 PM
    That's just what they had us believing with their jedi mind tricks

08-02-09 10:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD