Most phones automatically unlock (or reject the pin) after typing in the four numbers, but my Blackberry requires me to hit "enter" afterwards every time, even though I have simple password enabled. I can't use pattern lock instead as a pin is mandated by my college email account (don't ask me why but they're not budging and have mail forwarding disabled).

Is there any way to skip having to hit enter? Thanks.
    10-25-15 09:01 PM
    BlackBerry security is better than "most" phones. You need to hit enter because it isn't necessarily a "four" digit pin. It could be five, six, twelve, etc. digits.

On other phones it's always four. There's only 10K possibilities of what it could be. Fairly easy to crack.

BlackBerry is limitless and they're certainly not going to give away how many digits it really is.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry security is better than "most" phones. You need to hit enter because it isn't necessarily a "four" digit pin. It could be five, six, twelve, etc. digits.

On other phones it's always four. There's only 10K possibilities of what it could be. Fairly easy to crack.

BlackBerry is limitless and they're certainly not going to give away how many digits it really is.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10

Not exactly true my Lumia has a five digit pin which could be longer and my android has 6 and doesn't auto log in either.
    10-26-15 03:55 AM
    I would say many phones require the Enter (or OK).

I know this because my father (80) can never remind this. He has a very simple (none smart) phone. He always enters his PIN and then immediately the number he wants to call. Or he enters the PIN and lets this as is. Of course this never works. But it's absolutely normal that his phone shows [****] and OK when you make the screen on.
    10-26-15 05:34 AM
    As an aside, I said "most" because the OP said most. I have BB, Android, and a Lumia 928... I realize "most" is the iPhone.
    10-26-15 10:52 AM
    I noticed CB is now displaying the same post twice. The Microsoft support forums have been doing this for a while except they somehow manage to post the entire page twice. Anyway, it's pretty cool, in case you miss part of it the first time.
    10-26-15 10:53 AM