For some reason I made it as hard as possible and I didn't seem to write it down anywhere. I can't purchase any apps and I need one now for work.

What do I lose if I reset the password altogether?

I'm afraid.

I've had a passport for 2 years.

Any help is appreciated
    07-12-16 11:29 AM
    DDD: If it worked that way it would be fantastic! I have access to the e-mail associated with the account (of course, despite Raino's questioning it IS actually my phone) if I could get a reset link through my email that'd be great...but it asks for the hint password as well. Which I don't remember. if it sent it directly to my inbox it'd be phenomenal

I have the password for my phone so I can use that all day long I just cannot purchase any paid apps. Which isn't the worst possible thing, I know.

Raino so basically you're saying I should leave well enough alone and forget trying to buy apps just to be safe? Can't afford another phone.
    Welcome to CrackBerry, and I apologize if I offended you. There's been a flurry of anonymous threads lately where people are asking about circumventing passwords and we don't hear from them. Your situation is a bit better--at least you have your device password!

Since all you've forgotten is your BBID password, it's not a huge deal unless you don't want to buy new apps or set up new BB phones. But...it's still fixable. Try the instructions provided here:

How to reset your BlackBerry ID password | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

You're going to need your BBID username (an email address) and it will send password reset instructions to your email. I tried it and when setting a new password, was not prompted for the answer to my security question(s). So give it a shot.
    I would be afraid too.....

If being locked out of buying apps from BBW is your only issues... be happy.

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...243247856.html Try reseting it online, in the past it didn't ask me for the hint... just sent the temp password reset via my email.
    07-12-16 11:35 AM
    If you reset the password? You lose nothing, as "your" BBID account is still intact.

But if you can't reset "your" password and don't remember it before exhausting all attempts at unlocking the phone--"your" phone will be wiped and if "your" Passport had OS 10.3.2.500 or newer installed, it's pretty much a brick. Anti-theft won't allow you use this phone unless you unlock it with "your" BBID.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-12-16 11:39 AM
    DDD: If it worked that way it would be fantastic! I have access to the e-mail associated with the account (of course, despite Raino's questioning it IS actually my phone) if I could get a reset link through my email that'd be great...but it asks for the hint password as well. Which I don't remember. if it sent it directly to my inbox it'd be phenomenal

I have the password for my phone so I can use that all day long I just cannot purchase any paid apps. Which isn't the worst possible thing, I know.

Raino so basically you're saying I should leave well enough alone and forget trying to buy apps just to be safe? Can't afford another phone.
    07-12-16 01:15 PM

Welcome to CrackBerry, and I apologize if I offended you. There's been a flurry of anonymous threads lately where people are asking about circumventing passwords and we don't hear from them. Your situation is a bit better--at least you have your device password!

Since all you've forgotten is your BBID password, it's not a huge deal unless you don't want to buy new apps or set up new BB phones. But...it's still fixable. Try the instructions provided here:

How to reset your BlackBerry ID password | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

You're going to need your BBID username (an email address) and it will send password reset instructions to your email. I tried it and when setting a new password, was not prompted for the answer to my security question(s). So give it a shot.
    07-12-16 01:44 PM
    Hey Raino, thanks for the info!!

Yeah, thank goodness...I have absolutely no trouble using my phone. Could use it for years, I basically just cannot purchase apps from BB World.

I think I am out of luck. Because not only can I not remember my BBID password, I can't remember the answer to my security question either. And it won't send the reset e-mail unless I can answer that. And if I fail that one more time it says it will lock the feature.

I'm assuming if I called BB directly they won't help me solve this problem? I have all the paperwork proving I bought the phone, I just made my password stupidly difficult.
    07-12-16 11:09 PM

Yeah, thank goodness...I have absolutely no trouble using my phone. Could use it for years, I basically just cannot purchase apps from BB World.

I think I am out of luck. Because not only can I not remember my BBID password, I can't remember the answer to my security question either. And it won't send the reset e-mail unless I can answer that. And if I fail that one more time it says it will lock the feature.

I'm assuming if I called BB directly they won't help me solve this problem? I have all the paperwork proving I bought the phone, I just made my password stupidly difficult.
    That's an interesting problem, you may run into trouble with BlackBerry over that particular point, proof of purchase notwithstanding. Usually those questions are extremely personal and the answers should be something one can answer with little thought.
    07-13-16 01:27 AM
    Fret: Yeah. I did what I usually do (at least a variation) on that front, (the hint reminder one) but I obviously added in some non traditional characters or whatever because I've tried every variation I can think of.

In the end, like DDD said, all I'm losing is the store...and the ability to connect new devices to my account. But since I can't buy apps anyway, it's not like I'm ever going to transfer them.

It's funny, all this trouble stems from a $2 voice recorder I need for an interview I'm doing. Oi.

I mean in the end BB may tell me to go to hell, but if I don't ask they 100% will not help, right?
    07-13-16 07:05 AM

Did you try this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

If so, at what stage was the security question displayed? When I went through it, I had to enter my BBID email address, click on the link emailed to me and set a new password. That's it.
    07-13-16 11:28 AM