????????????
    03-06-11 06:01 AM
    ????????????
    It doesn't like to let you use the phone's internal memory, presumably for security reasons. You can access the media in the internal memory with the DM Roxio software. I never found a way to get to it in general at least.
    03-06-11 06:39 AM
    Yep. Using Roxio Media Manager is the only way to access the device memory via a computer.
    03-06-11 06:43 AM
    It doesn't like to let you use the phone's internal memory, presumably for security reasons. You can access the media in the internal memory with the DM Roxio software. I never found a way to get to it in general at least.
    Yep. Using Roxio Media Manager is the only way to access the device memory via a computer.
    i dont know what is this Roxio ur talking about , but am able to access my memory card whenever i connect my BB to the computer with a wire ..

how about if i have a virus on my phone memory ? how can i scan it using my avast antivirus which is installed on my pc !!!
    Last edited by dare4more; 03-06-11 at 07:42 AM.
    03-06-11 07:40 AM
    You asked about the 'phone memory' not the Media Card. Roxio Media Manager is part of some versions of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

There are NO known viruses for the BlackBerry. There's no way to virus scan the BlackBerry device memory using Avast on your computer.
    03-06-11 09:22 AM
    i dont know what is this Roxio ur talking about , but am able to access my memory card whenever i connect my BB to the computer with a wire ..

how about if i have a virus on my phone memory ? how can i scan it using my avast antivirus which is installed on my pc !!!
    Yes. You can access the media card from your pc. You can not access the internal device memory from the PC the same way.

Why do you think you have a virus? What model device do you have and what OS do you have? What is it doing?
    03-06-11 09:40 AM
    VIRUSES
    There are currently no known virues for BlackBerrys. There are some applications that have caused problems by stealing PINS and IMEI data. See this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/why...r-apps-569582/.

About a year ago there was a case of a Middle Eastern carrier that sent out an "update" to Blackberry phones that was in reality a traffic monitor. It showed up because it ran everyone's battery flat.

Even if it existed you would not find a BlackBerry virus with a PC virus checker. Why? The different architecture and structure of the BlackBerry and PC Operating Systems makes any PC virus program useless for detecting non-PC/Windows viruses.

INTERNAL MEMORY ACCESS
    Memory on a BlackBerry is mostly divided into two parts. Internal and the removable Media Card (microSD card).

The Internal, or Device, Memory is highly secure and is not accessible from a PC. Using the version of Desktop Manager with Media Manager gives access to this part of the phone and it is currently the only way to access this part of the phone from a PC.

MEDIA CARD ACCESS
    Accessing this memory is easy. Make sure that Mass Media Mode is enabled. Go to Options, Memory and enable it. Exactly how to do this is OS version dependent so I can;t give every example. Now plug your phone into your PC and the BlackBerry Media Card will show up as a USB drive. Simply drag 'n' drop stuff to/from the card.
    dare4more likes this.
    03-06-11 09:56 AM
    Pete6 what device memory are you ralking about? Device memory or storage space? You can go into device storage just like you can the sd card. You should get 2 auto start windows. If you have them turned off go to my computer and you'll see 2 removeable drives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 11:55 AM
    Pete6 what device memory are you ralking about? Device memory or storage space? You can go into device storage just like you can the sd card. You should get 2 auto start windows. If you have them turned off go to my computer and you'll see 2 removeable drives.

I was referring to Device Memory. Specifically I was NOT referring to the 9000 series phone that has three types of memory. Rather I was looking at phones like the 97xx, Curve and similar arcitecture that have but tow types of memory. Device Memory and Medai Card.

I stuck to these two since this is by far the most common BlackBerry architecture.

It's what the OP has.
    03-06-11 12:02 PM

I think that is for storm series and maybe the 9700's only though.

03-06-11 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD