How can I go about shutting down kik messenger, it's so unsafe for kids, it's not cool that kids can browse through it like nothing, Kik is encouraging sex on minors and for minors.
    07-30-15 06:19 PM
    Um. Do you mean on an individual phone?

Posted with my  Classic
    07-30-15 06:27 PM
    Kik is encouraging sex on minors and for minors.
    Kik does not encourage anything, choices do. So the solution lies in rooting out the source of the ideas that lead to those choices.

As for how to disable kik, or any other android app for that matter, I am not sure. I remember there is an app that puts android apps behind a password, but that one locks all android apps all together.

Your solution may be to simply put the phone under full parental control... but the minors in question could then choose to engage in such activities through different methods.
    07-30-15 07:53 PM
    How can I go about shutting down kik messenger, it's so unsafe for kids, it's not cool that kids can browse through it like nothing, Kik is encouraging sex on minors and for minors.
    Riiiiight. And if we could simply shut down Kik, teen sex would completely disappear from the planet, and there would be rainbows and unicorns for all!

07-31-15 08:57 PM
    Riiiiight. And if we could simply shut down Kik, teen sex would completely disappear from the planet, and there would be rainbows and unicorns for all!

Hahahaha, kids these days... (I'm 16) but can't imagine selling myself like that. I just don't understand kids anymore :/

Posted with my Z10 and future Classic
    07-31-15 09:53 PM
    Yes, hack Kik. Anything else you can't seem to figure out that's practically obvious? Lol, but being serious now. There isn't any way to shut down Kik unless you do what I just said.

Posted with my Z10 and future Classic
    07-31-15 09:55 PM
    Let's also shut down BBM, facebook, whatsapp, and a million other ways to pass information.

Also ban texting and phone calls because phone sex is a thing too.

And also moderate all conversations online.

And then people will just go out and actually have sex instead of safely exploring their urges in text format online.

You sound like a politician that doesn't understand the Internet.

FML
    anon(7808135) likes this.
    07-31-15 10:34 PM