Hi all

Bit of an issue regards my Passport SE. Been having battery issues so decided to do a security swipe after saving all relative info onto sd card, however i cant get the phone to complete the swipe. Its not getting beyond 93%. Tried for 10 hours yesterday and again today for the last 8 hours, even tried connecting to Blackberry link but it wont recognise the phone.

Urgent help, suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    06-02-16 08:13 AM
    Run autoloader

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    06-02-16 08:14 AM
    Run autoloader

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    How do i apply autoloader as phone screen is blank with a green circle round a picture of a sim card/sd card
    06-02-16 08:35 AM
    Hold power button until it shuts down?

It might start again, if it recovers, you're fine. If not, I might throw a BlackBerry error message. Look up the code via web search.

Try reloading device software using BlackBerry Link desktop software.

http://www.blackberry.com/link/

Worst case: Download an autoloader and hook up via USB. Run the autoloader. Plenty of instructions to be found in forums.

:-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    06-03-16 04:19 AM
    Hold power button until it shuts down?

It might start again, if it recovers, you're fine. If not, I might throw a BlackBerry error message. Look up the code via web search.

Try reloading device software using BlackBerry Link desktop software.

http://www.blackberry.com/link/

Worst case: Download an autoloader and hook up via USB. Run the autoloader. Plenty of instructions to be found in forums.

:-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Thanks

Phone has been reading 98% for the last 12 hours. BLink doesn't recognise the phone, have had a brief look into an autoloader but am lead to believe it cant be done on a mac computer which is what i run.

This is driving me mad, have just ordered a classic so will use till its sorted and then kept as backup for future.
    06-03-16 04:55 AM
    Definitely run an autoloader borrow a friends windows computer or use one at work if you have access.
    I had the same issue occur when I did a security wipe except mine lasted a full week, yes from one Sunday evening till the next.

Used an autoloader at members Thurask suggestion and guidance and my Passport roared back to life.

It not only took days to security wipe but got stuck, then went through the red light bricked sequence, used the loader and now it works as good as new.

Don't stress out try the autoloader.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    06-03-16 07:56 AM
    Definitely run an autoloader borrow a friends windows computer or use one at work if you have access.
    I had the same issue occur when I did a security wipe except mine lasted a full week, yes from one Sunday evening till the next.

Used an autoloader at members Thurask suggestion and guidance and my Passport roared back to life.

It not only took days to security wipe but got stuck, then went through the red light bricked sequence, used the loader and now it works as good as new.

Don't stress out try the autoloader.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Thanks 93Aero

Thats reassurance indeed. Just need to find a windows computer, hopefully tomorrow
    06-03-16 11:36 AM
    I had mine stuck at 99% for 4 days. I gave up. I shut the device off. Plug it to my desktop computer using the usb cord. Opened BlackBerry link up, turned the device on and did a reload os software to factory settings. It worked!

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia likes this.
    06-05-16 08:03 PM
    This is a very frequently asked question.
    06-05-16 08:33 PM
    Hi All

Just got my Passport back online, what a performance over the last 4 days, nearly threw it in the bin. To add more agony the Classic I ordered arrived Sat but had to be sent back.

On another note, why is it so difficult for the Blackberry to do a simple security swipe, seems ludicrous. If i remember rightly when I had the 9900 Bold (company phone) there were issues with syncing with the server for emails etc and I did lots of security swipes/reboots and not once was there an issue.

Anyway thanks for all advice and help, am now a happy bunny again
    06-06-16 06:55 AM
    Hi All

Just got my Passport back online, what a performance over the last 4 days, nearly threw it in the bin. To add more agony the Classic I ordered arrived Sat but had to be sent back.

On another note, why is it so difficult for the Blackberry to do a simple security swipe, seems ludicrous. If i remember rightly when I had the 9900 Bold (company phone) there were issues with syncing with the server for emails etc and I did lots of security swipes/reboots and not once was there an issue.

Anyway thanks for all advice and help, am now a happy bunny again
    Good stuff, mate. Last year I had a similar episode, but my Passport was full to the brink with a gigabyte or so left, so I blamed it on that.

BB Link help me in that case... :-D

tommytheb likes this.
    06-06-16 05:59 PM
    Good stuff, mate. Last year I had a similar episode, but my Passport was full to the brink with a gigabyte or so left, so I blamed it on that.

BB Link help me in that case... :-D

Thanks Prem, worth the hassle as an awesome piece of kit
    06-08-16 02:36 AM
    Hi all

Having successfully got my Passport going again I now have an issue with trying to sync with B Blend and B Link with both refusing to recognise or connect to.

Any ideas on what I can try, certainly ain't going to try another security swipe thats for sure

Thanks in advance
    06-08-16 02:17 PM
    Hi all

Having successfully got my Passport going again I now have an issue with trying to sync with B Blend and B Link with both refusing to recognise or connect to.

Any ideas on what I can try, certainly ain't going to try another security swipe thats for sure

Thanks in advance
    Are you logged into Link AND the phone with the same BBID?
    Try that... :-)

Soft-reset phone (hold both volume buttons until it shuts down), restart PC.

No luck? Uninstall USB drivers in PC's Device Manager. Reinstall Link/Blend. Try a USB2 and a USB3 port. Try a different cable. Make sure connections are clean and cables / ports aligned straight and not bend or twisted or at an angle when inserting. My Z10 ports are a bit wobbly from heavy use - I have to make sure I insert very "straight"...

(hey, no connotations intended!)

Hope that helps... :-)

06-08-16 05:13 PM
    Are you logged into Link AND the phone with the same BBID?
    Try that... :-)

Soft-reset phone (hold both volume buttons until it shuts down), restart PC.

No luck? Uninstall USB drivers in PC's Device Manager. Reinstall Link/Blend. Try a USB2 and a USB3 port. Try a different cable. Make sure connections are clean and cables / ports aligned straight and not bend or twisted or at an angle when inserting. My Z10 ports are a bit wobbly from heavy use - I have to make sure I insert very "straight"...

(hey, no connotations intended!)

Hope that helps... :-)

Hi Prem

Superstar, rebooted phone, uninstalled all BB Link etc. etc. and now all working fine.

Thanks
    06-09-16 03:23 AM
    Awesome glad to hear you brought it back to life! As said I was in the same boat a few weeks ago.

Great members here!

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:13 PM
    Awesome glad to hear you brought it back to life! As said I was in the same boat a few weeks ago.

Great members here!

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, thanks to all
    06-09-16 06:28 PM
    No worries... :-D

06-09-16 07:01 PM