I have had my phone for a while but have only used it for a while while I was in Thailand. It switched off there, and when returning to South Africa I tried charging it and red light switched on but the device never powered on. I have left it on charge overnight and now tried to switch it but it will not switch on. Please help!!!
    07-08-16 09:23 AM
    Ok what model are we talking? And is it a BB 10, Priv, OR legacy BB?
    07-08-16 09:26 AM
    I have had my phone for a while but have only used it for a while while I was in Thailand. It switched off there, and when returning to South Africa I tried charging it and red light switched on but the device never powered on. I have left it on charge overnight and now tried to switch it but it will not switch on. Please help!!!
    Try jump starting it by pulling the plug every 10-15 minutes. That's the only thing that works for my old Bold 9000 when I don't use it for awhile.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-16 09:34 AM
    Hi Guys. Apologies I had to register very quickly. I have a Blackberry Passport. I have tried just about everything with this phone, I've tried charging it overnight, holding all the buttons at the same time, holding the power button for 1 minute while plugged in to a charger and computer, tried holding in power when plugged out, and nothing works
    07-08-16 10:09 AM
    Could be the battery is completely dead? This USED to happen to Playbook, not sure if it's an issue on the Passport, BUT might be worth a shot, it's called stack charging. Since the red light DOES come on it may be getting a brief jolt of charge when that happens, you can KEEP doing that for 50 to 100 times to jump start the device and get it to the point where it will charge normal. The best way to do this is to plug the device in to a power charger that is connected to a power strip with an on/off switch, you can then repeatedly switch it off, then on, wait 3 seconds, then off, then on, then wait 3 seconds etc.

WORSTcase contact BlackBerry about a warranty..... (I'm told they respond well to tweets)

BlackBerry Passport - Welcome Page - Global
    07-08-16 10:21 AM
    ok will try that and relay feedback within about an hour...
    07-08-16 10:45 AM
    ok I have done that and no joy. I am currently leaving it on charge for about 5 mins again and then I will attempt the blackberry tweet option. wish me luck (gun to the head emoji)
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-16 10:54 AM
    ok I have done that and no joy. I am currently leaving it on charge for about 5 mins again and then I will attempt the blackberry tweet option. wish me luck (gun to the head emoji)

Yea could be the Passport works differently then the Playbook. BlackBerry twitter should be able to help.
    07-08-16 11:36 AM
    Don't try to turn it on tell after the hour is over, not every five minutes. Was the Passport new or refurbished, because a lot of third party resellers swap out the batteries for inferior ones.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-16 12:24 PM
    Don't try to turn it on tell after the hour is over, not every five minutes. Was the Passport new or refurbished, because a lot of third party resellers swap out the batteries for inferior ones.
    Expect batteries and spare parts for the passport aren't exactly available like they are in high volume with older blackberry phones

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 06:14 PM