i want to delete my email.. its very annoying when im sleeping and it goes off.. when its junk email from companies asking if im in debt? who wants that.. i keep my phone on loud incase of emergencies.. so putting it on silent is no option. I have found the email settings.. so if i hit delete.. will it delete the account just from the phone or will it delete it enterely so ill never be able to access the email ever again on hotmail.com ect?
    02-10-10 06:50 AM
    How about setting the phone to phone only at night. To delete your email simply log in to email setup on your device and delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 07:00 AM
    Yeh put the phone only profile... Works like a charm

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-10-10 07:20 AM
    when you delete email it will ask you if you want to delete from handheld only or handheld and mailbox...just hit handheld only.
    02-10-10 10:50 AM
    when you delete email it will ask you if you want to delete from handheld only or handheld and mailbox...just hit handheld only.
    Not what the OP is talking about. She actually wants to delete the account off the phone and not individual emails.

Another option the OP has is to set the tone for the individiual email accounts to Silent under each active profile they use. That way, all other notifications will work as before, except the email will not "ding". Also, the OP might want to enable some SPAM controls on her hotmail account... that'll solve a lot of the SPAM issues.
    02-10-10 10:54 AM
    Oh right, my blackberry bas stopped sending me emails altogether now and i havent even done anything, ive cursed myself now! .. im getting emails when i check my email online but nothing is coming through to my phone now, thankyou everybody for your help.. i just want to get rid of it compeltely tbh
    02-12-10 10:54 AM
    It sounds like you did delete your Hotmail from your Blackberry, but you still have access to your online email from your computer.
    02-12-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD