I already deleted the sample blackberry video, but there's also a sample Music Demo song in my music player. How can I get rid of that? Does anyone know the file name in Device Manager?
    08-17-08 12:08 PM
    Deleting some things, sample video for example, is very simple. Others are more complicated to deal with and require the use of a Windows computer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-17-08 12:11 PM
    Deleting some things, sample video for example, is very simple. Others are more complicated to deal with and require the use of a Windows computer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Thanks Stoner. I used your tips for deleting my Push to Talk feature already, and it worked great. Is there a specific file I can locate on my windows explorer to delete the music demo? Thanks in advance.
    08-17-08 12:15 PM
    If your device works like some of the 8800 models, open up the Media Player on the BB. Then press your MENU key and pick EXPLORE. Find the Internal (device) memory and look around for the music/videos and Press Menu and delete DELETE. Hope that works for your device.
    08-17-08 05:52 PM
    This is interesting, I though I recalled Music samples being selectable in Applications Loader.

I suspect that was with a previous OS version, because it is not there in '.52. Sample files were intentionally omitted in that release.

Perhaps someone running v4.2x can check that for us.

08-17-08 06:18 PM
    This is interesting, I though I recalled Music samples being selectable in Applications Loader.

I suspect that was with a previous OS version, because it is not there in '.52. Sample files were intentionally omitted in that release.

Perhaps someone running v4.2x can check that for us.

Yeah, I just checked my app loader and it omits the Music Sample. Oh well.
    08-17-08 08:09 PM
    If your device works like some of the 8800 models, open up the Media Player on the BB. Then press your MENU key and pick EXPLORE. Find the Internal (device) memory and look around for the music/videos and Press Menu and delete DELETE. Hope that works for your device.
    I got right thru the end right up to the point where I was trying to delete it, but it did not offer up that option.

Thanks anyway though.
    08-17-08 08:15 PM
    hmmm...heres a very funny question...does anyone have the demo video and song...especially the song cuz i really liked that song lol well mainly the part with the violins...please can anyone help... that was like os 4.2.xx.107 im on 4.5.0.107 now, things got a bit out of hand with the os updates...i deleted saved them to my computer, deleted them from my phone then i was transferring everything from that one (my test comp), to my baby (self built)... anyway, im doing too much talking....

so in conclusion, i just want to do the opposite of what this thread suggests lol...also if anyone has them, these files, please post them...

BTW. i have a pearl 8100
    Last edited by kashief; 02-16-09 at 05:07 PM. Reason: adding something
    02-16-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD