My company is going to have a new employee working in Eastern Europe. I have been tasked with getting him a Blackberry. Due to the nature of his work we would like to get him a Blackberry with a phone number local to him. This would be Slovakia, Czech Republic, or Austria. I have no idea on how to go about this. I have asked this individual to look at plans, but all he finds are plans with limited data, and prepaid options.

Not being versed in European cell phone customs, is this the norm?

Do you have any similar experience that would be applicable and could help?

What do other people/companies do in similar situations?
    06-10-09 08:20 AM
    Will this Emplyee have an office location??

IF so perhaps this would be of use to integrate a land line with the employee's BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Mobile Voice System Server for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Unifies and Controls Corporate Voice Services on BlackBerry Smartphones -> News@Cisco
    06-10-09 08:58 AM
    Do you mean forward the landline to the mobile?
    I have thought of that, not ideal but it works.

Thanks.
    06-10-09 10:24 AM
    Why not order one from a local provides to be shipped to his local office? Have it billed to the company or if they won't why not have him get a private plan and claim it in expenses?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 02:33 PM
    I would love to do that believe me. The problem is I can't find a company that will give me more than 10mb of data a month in Austria, Czech, or Slovakia.
    I don't want to get dataraped by the phone company over $4000 overage fees.
    06-10-09 07:08 PM
    just get a blackberry set up over here, then pop in a local sim card..
    06-10-09 10:04 PM
    Limited data is the norm in Europe, but you may be able to find one with a generous limit.
    06-10-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD