I have successfully upgraded my Bold with Firmware Version 4.6.0.126.
    Before the upgrade, with the original software, I had the Hebrew language, while after the upgrade it disappeared. In the back up I can't find it. May I download it? is it possible to add a language to an existing software
    09-05-08 05:03 PM
    I have successfully upgraded my Bold with Firmware Version 4.6.0.126.
    Before the upgrade, with the original software, I had the Hebrew language, while after the upgrade it disappeared. In the back up I can't find it. May I download it? is it possible to add a language to an existing software
    All the languages are supplied with the OS. Run Desktop Manager and connect your phone. Select Application Loader and then Add and then Advanced.

Look carefully at the list of languages and select the one you want. Click Next and that's it.
    09-05-08 05:59 PM
    Pete6, thanks. It is exactly what I have been trying to do many times. I can see many languages, but Hebrew is not among them. As I said I had Hebrew with the original software and disappeared after downloading Firmware Version 4.6.0.126. So I understand Hebrew is not included in this Multilanguage version. The question is can I download it and add it as an additional application and how?
    09-06-08 04:08 AM
    If I understand correctly, the original OS contained your language choice, but the update does not. You are asking if you can combine features of one on the other?

I think it should be possible, but there is a risk of causing device errors if it goes wrong.

If you are willing to experiment, with the knowledge you can roll back to the original Orange OS at any time, we can help.

First, install the original OS from Orange. This will have your language resource files in the form: net_rim_runtime_resource__he.cod

Use Window File Manager and navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\device OS\java

Copy all the resources that end in your language suffix and paste them into the update directory.

Then you will need a text editor to open BlackBerry.alx. Copy the following from the original to the update:

</language>
    <!--Hebrew language description text -->
    <language langid="0x000d">
    <name>&#x05d9;&#x05d9;&#x05e9;&#x05d5;&#x05de;&#x0 5d9; &#x05dc;&#x05d9;&#x05d1;&#x05d4; &#x05e9;&#x05dc; BlackBerry %_appsVersion:V02%</name>
    <description>&#x05d9;&#x05d9;&#x05e9;&#x05d5;&#x05 de;&#x05d9; &#x05dc;&#x05d9;&#x05d1;&#x05d4; &#x05e9;&#x05dc; &#x05e1;&#x05d9;&#x05d3;&#x05e8;&#x05ea; BlackBerry %series% </description>
    Search for all occurrences of "Hebrew" and repeat the process.

Open each of the AXL files and repeat the process.

Save the changes.

Connect your device and start Applications Loader. One of two thing is likely to happen, your device may boot up correctly with the right language, or it might fail with an Uncaught Exception Error.

That is where the known good roll back come in.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-06-08 at 10:34 AM.
    09-06-08 09:58 AM
    Thank you. It seems to be more complicated and risky than expected. I'll think about that.
    09-06-08 04:14 PM
    Thank you. It seems to be more complicated and risky than expected. I'll think about that.
    I was thinking the same thing as I researched what was going to be involved.

For now, rolling back to your original OS is the best solution. In the near future, there will be other OS version to consider, most of the multilanguage package should include Hebrew.
    09-06-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD