How about some near term announcables for BES 10 and bb10 device upgrades at a bunch of major Canadian operations, including federal, provincial, and municipal governments, military, banks, insurance and financial companies, hospitals, etc. I mean, come on! Most of these are BlackBerry shops already and are likely to stay BlackBerry shops. Most are already testing BES10. What's the friggin hold up? This is not a bail out it is just an expression of confidence in your provider for enterprise mobility going forward. Ask your representatives to answer the question.

Posted via CB10
    Does that mean as a Consumer I will start seeing on my banks page to download their app INCLUDING on a bb? I'm not a business user, my carrier of choice offers zero bb10 devices so I'll also have to change carriers if I do choose bbry but again, so far I'm not convinced.
    11-22-13 10:09 AM
    I think that Curve owners in particular are both undemanding and frugal. If you can live with a Curve you do not really need a modern smart phone. These phones will be in use until they break.

I am a 9900 user. Going from a 2.8 inch screen with a trackpad to a 3.1 inch screen with no trackpad is not an improvement. I prefer a physical keyboard so the Q10 needs to have a bigger screen to attract me. For a touch screen model the Z10 seems to lack a quality build . I would like to try a Z30 but it seems to be impossible to find a demo model.

At the very least I want to wait until the app run time issue is official and working well.

Edit : A BB10 slider might entice some current and former Torch owners. I think a great slider could even bring in those from other platforms.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-22-13 11:30 AM
    I say, hurry up with the 10.2.1 and release it. Advertise with the latest OS. They can probably have a playbook in a carrier's stores that plays a video of what you can do with bb10 and all its features (10.2.1) and have it play on the loop of course. The video can only be long enough to showcase the features but not too long cuz people don't want to see an entire tutorial video. If they don't have a playbook, maybe a small LCD monitor. They can place it above the bb10 devices. So people can see what bb10 is all about.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    A play book ??

This thread is about convincing current legacy owners. A better idea would be to have a kiosk in major malls where a person could try out the BB10 phone - a mini version of the Apple store. Apple stores are packed with folks trying out their products. BB please get rid of the demo mode on the demo models. Again, Apple demo models always work !

Hint to BB - set the default font size on the browser so that a human can read the page. The font size on the Android is much better when you try out one of their phones. While you are add it pretty up the UI . It is dark, dull and unappealing.
    11-22-13 11:43 AM
    I agree that if I had a Bold the Q10 would need a bigger screen, as it doesn't have a trackpad, and if I had a Curve I would run that device into the ground before I even considered a different phone. The carrier contracts and device pricing doesn't help accelerate the upgrade cycles either, in my view. The legacy devices do what I need them to; therefore, I would have no rush to upgrade. Getting ahead of the resale market in certain regions by taking trade-ins might be one way.

If I walked into a store to demo a new BlackBerry device, I would want to not be confused or biased in my first impression or find lack of clarity in the long term use of the device I am looking at so that one is right there. Others have said it already, reintroduction of the brand.

That said, I think, there is a value-added service that is missing. I can pick up a BlackBerry 10 device and all it is to me is a device. There is no drive to give stronger consideration to BlackBerry beyond what its legacy devices can do, which can be underweighted when compared to what is available. Something like BIS v2 would certainly peak my attention.
    11-22-13 01:55 PM
    Half price when they trade up

Sent from my Z30
    I like this idea.
    11-22-13 03:01 PM
    I went into a shop with my partner to look at the z10 on display when it first came out. A blackberry rep came in and shouted "buy it" at us as he walked past, my partner looked at me and she said "is that there sales technique? Is it any wonder!" perhaps if he had come over and spent 5 minutes talking about the phone instead of barking orders at us he could of made a sale. I couldn't of got the phone there and then anyway, but you get my drift. Is it just down to sales of other os's being beneficial to shop sales people? I've heard plenty of people say that blackberry haven't really put there full weight behind blackberry 10. And I'm not a hater by the way. I'm aware that there a lot of other contributing factors as to why people arnt switching, but I remember reading a note thorstein heins sent to employees who worked hard on blackberry saying how proud they should be for finally getting the os finished. It seems odd that the same perspective and pride didn't cross over to the actual release.
    Last edited by billybobteeth; 11-28-13 at 01:24 PM.
    11-28-13 01:07 PM
    To add viber, and other apps

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 01:20 PM
    "How can BlackBerry convince legacy consumers to stay with BlackBerry and buy a new BB10 device?"

I'm a legacy BBOS user, and BlackBerry doesn't have to "convince" me to stay with BlackBerry. I love BlackBerry, and I hate the other platforms, especially apple/ios, google/android, and windoze phone. Would I buy a Q10? I'd consider one if I lost my Bold or it got stolen. I'd consider the Q10 or I'd just get another Bold.
    11-28-13 01:26 PM
58 123