I was just thinking how cool it would be if BB came out w/ a camera on the front for video conferencing. Fire away if I'm crazy....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 08:44 AM
    And where exactly would the lens, flash, self portrait mirror go.
    Somehow I think that would look a mess on the front and take
    up a good deal of valuable real estate.
    01-25-09 09:24 AM
    The second point is, how many people really use video conferencing?

It's been the turkey of mobile technology.
    01-25-09 09:26 AM
    It would also make the thing look ugly in my opinion =(
    01-25-09 09:31 AM
    I think it's a great idea. You would be surprised at how many people use video conferencing.

01-25-09 09:56 AM
    they have had the option for a while on at&t.... i don't know anyone who used it
    Last edited by benzworm; 01-25-09 at 10:26 AM.
    01-25-09 10:24 AM
    I don't think it would be that ugly on the front. The actual lens is quite small. It'll be smaller than the message notification led. I like the idea.

Last edited by cdf3; 01-25-09 at 03:58 PM.
    01-25-09 10:45 AM
    Samsung had a phone that the lense actually flip to front fo
    Worked great for self portraits

01-25-09 10:53 AM
    video conferencing hasn't really taken off in north america. in europe its different, many phones have the second camera for video conferencing and they use it.
    01-25-09 12:41 PM
    video conferencing hasn't really taken off in north america. in europe its different, many phones have the second camera for video conferencing and they use it.
    They do, most of the phones that I've had have had the front camera on the phone but the silly prices of making them to someone who has that feature as well makes it too expensive. Also its not very good, I tried it out yrs back and the quality was horrendous to say the least.

01-25-09 01:27 PM
    Eh?

Well in the UK at least, nobody and I mean nobody uses it!
    01-25-09 02:13 PM
    I have also lived in Italy, Spain and Gibraltar and I have never seen anyone use it.

I have also travelled around europe extensively for 6 years and never seen anyone do it!
    01-25-09 02:14 PM
    Maybe people only use it in the privacy of their own homes? I'm happy to be wrong about this although I'm sure in the UK it isn't used.
    01-25-09 02:15 PM
    The unlocked version of the HTC touch Diamond has the camera on the front and I didn't even notice till my friend pointed it out. I think if it was worked right it wouldn't be ugly at all.

Although a bit of a waste because I've never seen a single person effectively use video conferencing.

01-25-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD