I am being texted and called by a unwanted man. He even call me at 12ish last night! What can I do to stop this!!
    10-17-08 03:44 PM
    Call your service providor and explain why you need the number blocked and they'll do it on their end.

And file a police report for harassment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 04:19 PM
    Crisy those links you gave; I followed each link and read the threads and found that nothing works. The 15 dollar program called whitelist was horribly reviewed: didn't load, errored out, incompatible with different phones. So I guess the answer is, there aren't any good answers by searching this website. Every search I did I came up dissapointed after reading further.

10-17-08 10:23 PM
    Is that the black&white list you tried? I use it with no problems. I agree with Navan, call your provider and see if they can help, also call the police. I honestly don't know if they can help. But it never hurts to ask. Good Luck!
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    10-17-08 11:18 PM
    Cell phone providers do not have that feature. I know that landline has that option. I had Sprint & now have At&t when I ask them abouth this they said they don't have this as of yet. What they are going to tell you is sorry but you might want to change your #. Sucks!!
    10-17-08 11:27 PM
    Call the police, especially of he lives near you.

10-18-08 12:02 AM
    Cell phone providers do not have that feature. I know that landline has that option. I had Sprint & now have At&t when I ask them abouth this they said they don't have this as of yet. What they are going to tell you is sorry but you might want to change your #. Sucks!!
    Verizon does.

Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support
    10-18-08 02:24 AM
    The carrier cannot block a number from calling or text. VZW has usage controls but afaik you cannot use it with blackberry. Filing a police report may or may not help. All they did with me is give me a log to keep track of calls and threats but they can't actually do much(unless i was physically harmed). It's seems like a catch 22.

i've been through the same thing. i recorded VM describing graphic physical threats. Maybe it differs by state. i changed my number first, kept the log.

Change your number.

Black&White list CrackBerryAppStore.com seems to be the way to go. i've read through the posts about it on here and other reviews and it seems to work. if not try, Antair - BlackBerry Call Screener 2.0. i know at the time i tried everything i knew about and would have liked to have known about products like this.

Go to the police and see what they'll do and call your carrier. i'm just letting you know my experience. Luckily i had someone who confronted the person for me and that eventually worked and i avoided getting physically hurt.

Black & Whitelist - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-18-08 at 10:23 AM.
    10-18-08 04:17 AM
    If you have to, change your number. You can then SMS or email everyone in your address book the new number. Problem solved.

Please don't bother the police with this, they have more important things to do unless this person wants to harm you.
    10-18-08 04:42 AM
    Crisy those links you gave; I followed each link and read the threads and found that nothing works. The 15 dollar program called whitelist was horribly reviewed: didn't load, errored out, incompatible with different phones. So I guess the answer is, there aren't any good answers by searching this website. Every search I did I came up dissapointed after reading further.

Try downloading Black and Whitelist again. i just downloaded the trial version with no issues at all.

You may want to reread the thread links posted or refine your search. The threads have useful info concerning the OP issues. They cover how to block texts as well in the last link. i'm not sure what else you are looking for that isn't covered.

Once Black and Whitelist is installed it looks like you can upgrade it right from the app.

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-18-08 at 05:14 AM.
    10-18-08 05:06 AM
    Call the police and use the program called black and white list. It works great and will block the calls.
    10-18-08 07:00 AM
    This worked like magic. Thank you.
    10-21-08 05:19 PM
    10-22-08 09:17 AM
    Since you guys mentioned black&whitelist and antair...
    I have tried both programs and neither re blocking any calls.
    I first tried black&whitelist and the log said operation failed. I saw in the crackberry store it said incompatible but on other websites to download it from said it was compatible with the bold. So... I ditched it and tried antai, same thing... Its not blocking any calls even when I have it set to block all calls. The application permissions are set to allow for all options, so that's not it...

Anyone have any ideas or is there another app I could try?

10-28-08 10:39 PM
    Just pay him back man, no big deal. He'll leave you alone after that. LOL!!!
    10-28-08 10:43 PM
    I also have the blackberry bold and the latest version, Black and Whitelist 1.5.1 does not work on my phone...

argghh.. i don't want to pay them back!!
    11-06-08 07:43 PM
    I also have the blackberry bold and the latest version, Black and Whitelist 1.5.1 does not work on my phone...

argghh.. i don't want to pay them back!!
    iCall Manager light does work with the bold. I believe the link is http://www.i-softwarelabs.com

I've been using it on my bold for a little over a week and its works great!

11-06-08 07:46 PM
    With Alltel there you are able to block text, but if you want the calls to stop you will be told to change your # or file a police report.

11-07-08 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD