I think it's pretty clear that the BlackBerry commercial spots are not working. Another problem is the sales people in the stores are misinformed and just do not care about the phones. This has become some sort of a problem as I can even hear some sells people talking to a customer and say to stay away from the device. I also think most cell phone sales people are biased idiots, but unfortunately there idiots we have to deal with

I think BlackBerry should create a sales program that gives sales people 10$ per BlackBerry 10 device they sell. This would apply to all carrier stores. I think it would be better than what the current ads are doing. I am pretty sure that the sales people would start selling BlackBerry a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    Fnen90 and beamolite like this.
    09-17-13 08:30 AM
    They most certainly would. Heck that's all they'd be trying to sell. It would be a nice incentive.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-17-13 09:24 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't care if people are buying BB10 devices are not. Look at how much cash they have on hand and look at how little they have spent on marketing the new phones.

It is pretty obvious that the current BlackBerry management has given up on making BlackBerry 10 successful. At this point, they are just holding on to as much cash as possible to help them find a buyer. Management is more interested in selling BlackBerry to the highest bidder than marketing BlackBerry 10. It is the only explanation for how little marketing there has been while the company sits on billions.
    09-17-13 09:25 AM
    I think it's pretty clear that the BlackBerry commercial spots are not working. Another problem is the sales people in the stores are misinformed and just do not care about the phones. This has become some sort of a problem as I can even hear some sells people talking to a customer and say to stay away from the device. I also think most cell phone sales people are biased idiots, but unfortunately there idiots we have to deal with

I think BlackBerry should create a sales program that gives sales people 10$ per BlackBerry 10 device they sell. This would apply to all carrier stores. I think it would be better than what the current ads are doing. I am pretty sure that the sales people would start selling BlackBerry a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    Except that apparently Samsung already does this (or at least everyone here on Crackberry thinks so) with their phones. And I have a feeling that one of these companies has more cash on hand to throw around than the other. With AT&T stores though, sales-people aren't paid higher commissions based on what phone they sell though companies are able to pay for better product placement within the store.
    09-17-13 09:50 AM
    The program would be offered by BlackBerry directly, they would not have to ask carriers for anything.

So the program would look like this.

1. The sales person sells a BlackBerry.

2. Then the sales person keeps a copy of the invoice.

3. He then logs in to a BlackBerry sales portal and uploads the invoice with the device serial number.

4. BlackBerry gives a 10$ credit to the account.

Then when the sales guy feels like cashing out, BlackBerry sends a check to the sales person store and voil done. In order to prevent abuse of the program once a unit's serial has been uploaded in the program it can't be reused.

I still personally think this would be way better and cheaper than any ad campaign they come up with.

Posted via CB10
    iCoutinoc and fragment137 like this.
    09-17-13 10:11 AM
    Simple. BlackBerry creates high quality devices and does NOT sell our information to the government. Tell everyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:25 AM
    You have to be extremely uninformed or have read a very different lesson from 1984 from everyone else in order to conscientiously purchase an android device after the public release of information leaks that has taken place recently...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:29 AM
    Seems they threw the towel.

Waiting for november to sell the comnay in parts it seems.

Im sad.
    09-17-13 10:30 AM
    I think a lot of it will depend on what happens if the device is returned. From what I understand, there is a significant penalty to the sales person if the device is returned. One would imagine that a sales person may be anticipating a device will be returned if a customer finds out that they can't install their favorite app.
    09-17-13 10:36 AM
    I think most people have better things to do then beg their friends to buy their personal brand of phone. It's like poorly thought out pyramid scheme. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the geniuses in Waterloo have given something as stupid as this some thought. Given how great they rest of their marketing is...
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-17-13 10:54 AM
    I think most people have better things to do then beg their friends to buy their personal brand of phone. It's like poorly thought out pyramid scheme. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the geniuses in Waterloo have given something as stupid as this some thought. Given how great they rest of their marketing is...
    I think he meant the sales reps at carrier stores.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-17-13 10:56 AM
    Yep i meant at in the carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:52 PM
    If blackberry gave $10.00 commission. Then apple might give 12.00. But samsung will pay $15.00. I dont think this would be a wise thing to do

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:57 PM
    Apple has a ego the size of the world, I really do not think Apple would ever do something like what I mentioned. Samsung would probably not buy in to that concept neither.

Both companies have a strong user base. So if Samsung gave 15$ per phone sold to the employee and that the customer was a iphone customer I think no matter how hard the sales guy would try, the client would just want the iphone. Both samsung and apple have the luxury of that now. BlackBerry did have that luxury a few years back.

This tatic in the case of blackberry would be used to get sales people interested in speaking of the product and not discarding it as they are mostly currently doing. As of right now you go up to pretty much any rep and talk to him about BlackBerry he will find a million things to say against it so that you buy a phone that in his biased opinion is good.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pogo007; 09-17-13 at 10:11 PM.
    09-17-13 10:01 PM