what if an emergency call needs to be made? some phones would allow you make a 911 call without entering a password. is this the same with BB?
    08-13-08 12:46 PM
    Yes. The option to make an emergency call is on the unlock screen. You can make an emergency call without unlocking.
    08-13-08 12:59 PM
    Great thread. I just setup my password and settings.
    08-13-08 02:25 PM
    One question..if I decide to, how do I change my password?
    08-13-08 02:30 PM
    One question..if I decide to, how do I change my password?
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Change Password
    08-13-08 02:49 PM
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Change Password
    Thanks Jeff.
    08-13-08 02:54 PM
    Jeff, thanks for this thread!

I have used Jeff's sample of how he set up his Security Options; while it's a pain to have to put in the password every time I remove the phone from my holster (which lives on my belt loop), it beats having someone get into my BB.

On my Owner Screen, I have my name; then, with a space for the screen that comes up when you press anything, I have:

"ICE - Husband" (followed by his name and phone #)
    "ICE - Sister" (followed by her name and phone #).

I figure this works well if I lose the phone; it should also work well if (God forbid) I'm in an accident, since in this day and age, anyone who finds me (police, EMS, whomever) will have their own cell phone to call my ICE information with; they don't need to use my phone to do so.

Also: it's Standard Operating Procedure for me to back up my BB information via DM every morning, and to back up the 3rd party programs via DM every morning as well. That way, if I lose my BlackBerry (or if, more likely, I do something to blow the OS out of the water), I have all of my stuff on the PC.

So, thanks to Jeff, I think I'm set!
    08-13-08 03:14 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD