Hi, I've lost my BB, would like to know how to bar the phone, does anyone know how to do that? thanks for the help.
    11-14-09 11:22 AM
    If it's a gsm phone, just hope you had a password to protect your data and move along. If you lose $20, you can't bar the serial number, someone's gonna find it and spend it, same with your phone.

The pin can be blocked but that's rare.
    11-14-09 11:50 AM
    If it's a gsm phone, just hope you had a password to protect your data and move along. If you lose $20, you can't bar the serial number, someone's gonna find it and spend it, same with your phone.

The pin can be blocked but that's rare.
    i was reading this, but your response makes no sense at all "If you lose $20, you can't bar the serial number, someone's gonna find it and spend it, same with your phone." this here makes no sense at all, what does 20 bucks have to do with baring his phone?

call your carrier and tell them you lost your phone they will mark the ESN and IEMI whatever as lost or stolen and when someone tries to reactivate it they wont be able to but call your carrier ASAP and tell them
    11-14-09 11:58 AM
    call your carrier and tell them you lost your phone they will mark the ESN and IEMI whatever as lost or stolen and when someone tries to reactivate it they wont be able to but call your carrier ASAP and tell them
    Not going to work. All a North American carrier can / will do is deactivate the
    SIM card and kill the BIS account. The phone, with a new SIM will still be able
    to make and receive calls, SMS/MMS, etc...

Even if RIM blocked the IMEI and PIN it would still work, just not with any of
    the BB services.
    11-14-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD