So I'm using a BB 8310 and I'm on a payg package with Orange uk. I am signed up to the �5 a month dataplan from blackberry.

My APN was paygwap and that was charging me for data usage if I used the orange services. I had to make sure when I was using the browser that I avoided orangeworld and stuck with the internet browser.

I've now changed that to orangeinternet.

I've tried setting up a modem connection using 'orangeinternet' and, although successful, my credit is rinsed and I'm left with an orange screen telling me to top up. I want to direct my modem to use the dataplan with Blackberry rather than orange's wap services. So i'm confused. Perhaps orangeinternet isn't the best option for the modem.

Any thoughts on how I can avoid paying orange for data I've already paid for with the blackberry dataplan?!
    05-26-10 05:53 AM
    Afaik the Orange dataplan doesn't include tethering so what you're after isn't going to happen.

Technically you've paid for Blackberry Internet Service which includes internet on your Blackberry not tethering which is pretty much what Orange will say if you ask them.
    05-26-10 12:37 PM
    Orange UK doesn't allow tethering, fact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 02:32 AM
    Get yourself a 3 mobile payg sim and a symbian nokia phone. Worked a treat for me and you get 1G of data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD