Hello BB-holics,

Does anybody know how to add a business (corporate) email account, hosted by google, to a blackberry, on BIS???

The link to the mail account would be "https://mail.google.com/a/mycompany.com", but i still can't get it to work...

Thanks!
    05-11-09 11:35 PM
    I would check with you IT staff at work to obtain a password to set this up on your phone. Or your could save the address in your browser and have to log in to check your emails. The link below at the bottom of the page tells how to set up your work email.

BlackBerry
    05-12-09 12:03 AM
    Just go to the BIS login portal and add it in.

BlackBerry Internet Service

Make sure your google mail account is sent to imap.
    05-12-09 12:50 AM
    If you can access the email with Outlook Web Access, you should be able to add it in your BIS.

How to associate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email account with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    05-12-09 05:41 AM
    I've tried through my SP's BIS portal, but no luck. I says it cannot reach the server. And it's not an email hosted by an Exchange Server... it's hosted by google. The portal to go to my company's email is mail.google.com/a/"companyname".com.

I tried putting that link on the BIS portal, and still no luck.. I'm guessing i'll have to go to some google forums, because it seems that the problem is on their side of the court..!

thx anyways!
    05-12-09 10:59 AM
    You need to enable IMAP for your account. Once you've done that it should work.

If it doesn't work automatically then enter the incoming server imap.google.com and outgoing server smtp.google.com.
    05-12-09 11:48 AM
    There is a thread for this in the blackberry discussion. Sorry I don't have it handy, just search "owa" and it should pop up. I had the same issue as you and it takes a little more work than just setting it up in bis. Its not real hard though, and it works pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 01:18 PM
    I've enabled Imap on my google settings, and still no luck. I tried putting both server's address and nothing... Something i noticed is that the BIS portal does not ask for incoming or outgoing server, so I tried each one at a time, but it didn't work.

thax anyways jason...

I've been searching google forums, and still no luck! :S

BTW. I am not talking about an outlook email, nor exchange, or anything to do with microsoft... so OWA configs don't work!

My corporate email used to be hosted by an exchange server, and i was able to log in through OWA... i even had it on my BB (i configured it myself on BIS portal and it worked fine). Now that we are cutting costs, my email is no longer hosted by an exchange server, it is hosted by GOOGLE! (1/3 of the costs, btw)... i works fine, i can access it through mail.google.com/a/mycompany.com, and it is the same interface as Gmail.

Maybe this will helpme explain myself... Here is what the BIS portal asks for...:

Username: name.lastname

Password: *******

Email Server: mail.google.com/a/mycompany.com (doesnt work)
    imap.google.com (doesn't work)
    smtp.google.com (doesn't work)

Email Address: name.lastname @ mycompany.com
    05-13-09 11:52 AM
    Google Apps for Domains works just fine on my BIS account (it's what I use for personal email and for some of our smaller domains at work).

Directions:
    1. Enable IMAP in GMail for Domains.
    2. Log into BIS
    3. Add Account
    4. Enter email address & password. If OK, skip the rest.
    5. If #4 errors, walk through the wizard supplying incomplete info until you get to the screen asking for username, password, email server, and email address.
    6. Username is your email address, password is your password, email server is imap.gmail.com, and email address is your email address.

If those directions don't work then there is something wrong with your carrier's BIS portal or with your GMail for Domains account as the only time I've had to go past #4 was before BIS 2.6.

EDIT: Just reread your post. The issue is that you are not entering the correct username. It's your full email address, not just the portion left of the @.
    05-14-09 11:17 AM
    I've tried through my SP's BIS portal, but no luck. I says it cannot reach the server. And it's not an email hosted by an Exchange Server... it's hosted by google. The portal to go to my company's email is mail.google.com/a/"companyname".com.

I tried putting that link on the BIS portal, and still no luck.. I'm guessing i'll have to go to some google forums, because it seems that the problem is on their side of the court..!

thx anyways!

is there instructions how to add pop/imap access into a mail client that will probably tell you the proper information?
    05-14-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD