Has anyone seen any rumors that Blackberry is actually working on sync software to move contact and calendar data from our existing non-Blackberry devices to a new BB10 device?

I feel this is important to prospective new movers to BB10. I have been using a iPhone ever since I my 9900 died and would love an easy path to move to the Q10. I have hundreds of contacts with multiple phone numbers and email address and the idea of doing this manually is not good.
    04-24-13 05:43 AM
    It's called BlackBerry Link, it's been out for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't mind dumping link if an alternative with a legit backup and a multimedia player would come out even from a TP I'd take it. Link doesn't deserve my z10 to be plugged to it. we will have to see how BlackBerry will update link once they are over all the bb10 updates that are more critical link is probably the next in the list

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:50 AM
    I switched from a 4s and my carrier transferred for me (at no cost). Everything came across and only took a few minutes...no issues, was really painless.

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-24-13 06:56 AM
    He said NON-BLACKBERRY devices to BlackBerry 10.

I doubt they will come out with something. you will have better chances with third party app sending your iPhone stuff to Gmail, and getting it back from there via an ActiveSync account with your BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:59 AM
    4s is a NON BLACKBERRY DEVICE

Posted via CB10
    Easy-G likes this.
    04-24-13 07:04 AM
    In case you didn't notice previous comments, I wasn't answering to you.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:09 AM
    The one thing I do not like about my Z10 and link is since day 1, April15 I have been unable to backup my phone with link

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:34 AM
    Umm I have no idea why I wrote April15 lol, Feb 5th. It's early I guess lol

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:35 AM
    Linc is a mystery...works perfect on my Z...yet others have nothing but trouble.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, well thanks for that!

LINK sucks. Maybe they will work on it as it does not do what the past DTM offered. The DTM would, at least, allow you to sync with Outlook without jumping through hoops. This is a basic need of users. If Samsung and Apple can do it, why can't Blackberry?
    04-24-13 10:39 AM
    I wouldn't mind dumping link if an alternative with a legit backup and a multimedia player would come out even from a TP I'd take it.
    What are the issues with backing up and multimedia? I've done both with it and find it more user friendly than desktop manager?
    04-24-13 02:12 PM
    The one thing I do not like about my Z10 and link is since day 1, April15 I have been unable to backup my phone with link

Posted via CB10
    Do you use a Mac laptop? I have had issues where if the computer goes to sleep, it stops backing up. I kept the computer on and it worked.

Have the same issue with "Home Sharing" between my Mac and Apple TV and backing up from one Mac to another. "Sleep" causes havoc
    04-24-13 02:13 PM
    No, desktop with Vista. Won't work with usb or wirelessly, takes forever for it to sync and the program lags so bad. I don't know what's wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:24 PM
    Has anyone seen any rumors that Blackberry is actually working on sync software to move contact and calendar data from our existing non-Blackberry devices to a new BB10 device?

I feel this is important to prospective new movers to BB10. I have been using a iPhone ever since I my 9900 died and would love an easy path to move to the Q10. I have hundreds of contacts with multiple phone numbers and email address and the idea of doing this manually is not good.
    Both iOS and BB10 are capable of syncing to cloud services. I'd setup an outlook.com account and use ActiveSync if contact and calendar sync are your priorities. You don't have to use it for your email, you can keep that however you currently do, and just use the service as a contact/calendar repository. Do that and your contacts/calendar should sync over pretty seamlessly.
    04-24-13 11:26 PM
    What are the issues with backing up and multimedia? I've done both with it and find it more user friendly than desktop manager?
    Back up all data option will start, but will never be completed I can only seem to be able to back up if I select "user option "only as data to be backed up. For multimedia and apps data like save games and stuff, it will not work no matter what I do. This is since day one in February. I don't really care to be honest because my important stuffs for me, are backed up with cloud services. But yeah, I'd like to see it working nicely. Also a multimedia player is something me and many BlackBerry users have been asking for since we saw what iTunes could do (altough I'd admit that link is less messy with syncing than iTunes)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:17 AM
    Would this have to come from BBRY or is it something a dev could do?

Berrywizard, do you happen to have a cooking app installed? I think there may be another app that affects backup also.
    04-25-13 07:34 AM
    I'd be happy if they could get bb protect running.
    04-25-13 08:53 AM