Hi forumers,

I need help! I have my Curve 8900 for about 3 weeks now. Everything had been fine till now. Whenever I lock the keypad, either by pressing the Keypad Lock button (located at top left corner) or by holding down "A" button, the Hourglass icon appears for like 1 sec before the keypad is actually locked. It used to be instantaneous (ie no hourglass icon appearing)!

I know its not a big issue but the 'lag' / the hourglass icon is annoying the **** out of me. I have try battery pull numerous times but its the same thing everytime, nothing seem to work.

Appreciate any any help at all. Thanks!
    12-03-09 11:14 PM
    My storm did that and now my tour is too. Ive just learned to deal with it.
    12-03-09 11:20 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps running in the background? I get the hours glass occasionally.
    12-03-09 11:20 PM
    My Storm did that too but havent tried it on my Bold.
    12-03-09 11:22 PM
    My bold does this every once in a while. I hardly have anything installed. I just figured that it was normal. Lol. Doesn't really bother me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 11:53 PM
    No guys, I do not have ANY apps running in the background when this happens. Plus I have not installed many apps since I got the bb 3 wks ago. I have only installed few apps like berrybuzz, bloomberg, Time, google maps, travelmate. I still have like 80MB of apps memory left.

Me and my gf got exactly the same bb and at the same time and hers is fine. Only mine has this issue
    12-04-09 12:01 AM
    Dear Forummers,

The Culprit:

The lag / appearance of the hourglass is DUE TO MEMORY CLEANING (Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning) set to Enable. For some strange reason if you installed the free WORLDMATE app, it will automatically enable Memory Cleaning. Not only that, it will 'lock' the Memory Cleaning (you will see a small little red lock next to "Enable") and YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISABLE THE MEMORY CLEANING! HENCE the lag/ hourglass whenever you lock your device!!!

Solution:

UNINSTALL THE WORLDMATE APPS! After you have done this, you will realised that the memory cleaning is set back to Disable and the hourglass will not appear again when you lock your device.

This problem had been bugging me for days and i have spent countless hours on the web to search for solutions. Finally i have found it and i hope this will help anyone else having this problem.
    12-04-09 08:49 AM
    I guess my memory cleaner was running every hour when idle, turned that off and no lock lag.
    12-04-09 11:25 AM
    The hour glass tells you the multitasking computer is in the process of executing a high priority task. Once that has been completed, regular priority tasks will resume their work.

Owners of the 64 Mb devices are all to familiar with the high priority task dealing with memory recovery issues.

12-04-09 12:45 PM
    Thanks for sharing this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD