Does anyone know why sometimes the hourglass continously turns on the screen? I have an 8 gig card installed so it can't be because of a lack of memory.

Roger

free file was 9million bytes then 7mil then down to 1 million all within 1 minute. I guess the free file is the problem
    Last edited by RogerGuy; 06-11-09 at 02:09 PM. Reason: adding info to original message
    06-11-09 01:49 PM
    Depends on what your running just cause you have a 8 gig card doesn't mean that there is no memory leak check your free file
    06-11-09 01:50 PM
    Yea sounds like you have low memory.
    Whats your file free?
    What 3rd party apps are you running?
    06-11-09 01:53 PM
    Also remember to close some apps when you are done with them.
    06-11-09 02:16 PM
    Do a battery pull. It will free up memory.
    06-11-09 11:44 PM
    keep in mind the file free memory works semi like ram memory the memory where applications are installed etc...

if you cluttered your phone with to many apps this could be the issue or a app with a bad memory leak..

when the phone gets low its going to run slow and hour glass a lot
    06-12-09 01:30 AM
    Sometimes a corrupted file/filesystem on the media card can cause hourglassing and lag/freezing. Take your memory card out. If the hourglassing goes away, move your content off the card and reformat the card in the BB, then move your files back on the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 01:54 AM
    Does anyone know why sometimes the hourglass continously turns on the screen? I have an 8 gig card installed so it can't be because of a lack of memory.

Roger

free file was 9million bytes then 7mil then down to 1 million all within 1 minute. I guess the free file is the problem
    Roger your file free is the issue here. You need to free some up as you went down to 1 mb. This is way lower than the recomended 12 mb for the device to function correctly. You need to make sure if you are saving pics they are on your media card and not the device memory. Any apps or themes you don't want or use delete them to help free some space. Use the memory optimization link in my signature. It will help you a ton. Good luck...
    06-12-09 06:54 AM
    ...I always go down to as low as 6kb or sometimes 0....I ALWAYS close my apps and I only use 1-2 programs other than the default (precisely MSN and Google Latitude) 5.....We use corporate BB so they're all the same but when I checked his (with the same 2 apps running)...he has 25MB....and even after battery pull....i have maximum of 8.9MB....never more.....and I only use 1MB of device memory so I'm certain everything else is on the memory card..... -_- ......WHich memory managing s/w is best in market now????? Helppppp!!
    06-22-09 02:21 AM
    I only ever get 13.5 mb free file after a battery pull, doesn't seem like much seeing as the recommended lowest you should be at is 12mb. if you find out how to free a lot more please let me know, i'll do the same.
    06-22-09 09:11 AM
    Need to clean up your BB...remove old emails and texts first. Then remove any apps you don't use - important. Also, when you open any apps close them (not just close the window, close the program).
    06-22-09 09:15 AM
    Either u have too many applications running at once or u need to delete some of ur texts or e mails. If all that fails check to see how much free memory u have. Sometimes we accidently overload our BlackBerrys.
    06-22-09 11:55 AM
    I swear i didnt!!!! Nooooo....ok maybe I did....but....I erased all my sms and I reduced the email box....and I also removed the unused programs...and I ALWAYS close my programs......
    06-22-09 11:27 PM
    yeah just make sure you close all your programs before you exit....some programs that have a constant data flow such as facebook can cause the hour glass to show up all the time
    06-23-09 11:33 AM
    Face book also has a folder that can be full of notifications... while in messages go to blackberry button, then view folder... go through all the floders there to see what you can clean up.
    06-23-09 03:05 PM
    Ok, let me try cleaning this...Ah talking about it, last night I installed MemoryUp Pro and for some weird reason, my BB overheated and it was really hot I had to quickly remove the battery!!
    06-24-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD