Anyone else in hourglass **** this morning? Every time I touch the track ball - even after the phone just sitting next to me - I get the hourglass. I was charging my phone, unplugged it, hourglass. Put the phone next to me, didn't touch it, got a text, tried to read it, hourglass. Same when I tried to reply to the text.

Really frustrating. Is this just me? Or is it happening to others?
    01-03-10 09:53 AM
    probably just you to this extent. have you pulled your battery yet?? if not leave the phone on pull the battery, count too thirty and put it back in. let me know if the killer hourglass appears
    01-03-10 09:57 AM
    I pulled the battery when I posted, I'll let you know if I'm still getting the dreaded hourglass. Been having a lot of problems with my BB in the last two weeks. Feels like I'm pulling the battery two or three times a day! Isn't that a lot?

After pull: So far no hourglass yet...
    01-03-10 09:58 AM
    yeah thats alot, but your using the 8110, rite? a few tricks to free up your memory and stop the hourglass. firstly get a memory card if you dont already have one and put your media on the card not the phone, secondly, when you open an application, ie. calculator, browser, notes, calender and so on.... when done with using it, hit the blackberry key and select close, what a battery pull does it closes all those running apps, if you do not close them they stay running and dramatically slow down your phone. on the phone also press alt LGLG and than blackberry key and clear log. delete all unnecessary emails/messages/phone logs. with all this done, your bb will run like new and no more hourglass. hope this helps, if you have any quistions message me back. cheers
    01-03-10 10:04 AM
    Good advice mostlydo.

The hour glass indicates a high priority task is being executed. The most common task is memory managment when the free memory drops too low.

Pulling the battery will help for a while, but, as you have noted, you are doing it several times a day. That is way too often.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    01-03-10 10:11 AM
    Thanks SO very much! I've gone through all your tips and I feel better already. LOL I'm going through my e-mail and deleting from the phone (but leaving on my server for the computer) and also deleting any apps I haven't used in a month or so. I also cleared the log, and my phone log (which I hadn't done since I got the phone).

Thank you!
    01-03-10 10:23 AM
    You definitely want to have around 10MB free after a battery pull. If the memory drops below 5MB, you'll start to see more and more hourglass moments.
    01-04-10 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD