My first post on this forun - I'll keep it as simple as possible.

This BB scenario is not on a business server.

Person 1 has an email account - lets call it [email protected]

Person 1 with BB1 - setup [email protected].
    Person 1 gets mail from [email protected].

Person 2 with BB2 - setup same [email protected].
    Person 2 also gets mail from [email protected].

Person 1 falls out with Person2.

Person 1 changes [email protected] password on a PC via IE8 logon etc.
    hoping that Person 2 will not get emails from [email protected] because she doesn't know the password.

Person 1 does nothing on BB1 & emails continue to be delivered. No password change on BB1 !

Presumably Person 2 is still gettin emails from [email protected].

How does Person 1 STOP Person 2 from getting emails sent to BB2 [email protected] ?

Hope this makes sense.....

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 07:16 AM
    Not sure, but Person 1 could try disabling the IMAP feature in hotmail using IE and deleting it from his own BlackBerry BIS using the device's setup. Then Person 1 should change the hotmail password (again usong IE) and make sure all password reset and forwarding features in the account have been changed. Then Person 1 could re-enable IMAP on the hotmail account using IE and re-add the hotmail to his BlackBerry using BIS setup. I'm not sure, but this is what I would try.
    11-04-11 07:24 AM
    Thanks - I will try this later this evening & let you know how I get on..

Rgds.
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 07:36 AM
    On second thought, it might be wise to delete the pushed hotmail account directly from your carrier's BIS log-in website. Then change the password and re-add it using your device's setup or the carrier's BIS site.
    11-04-11 07:46 AM
    That's a bit easier & makes a bit more sense (to me that is - newbie).
    BIS seems to be the key !?
    I'll let you know..

Rgds.
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 07:59 AM
    Yea, I looked, and I couldn't find the enable/disable IMAP/POP 3 in hotmail account settings. (For instance, it can be found as a simple check-the-box option in gmail and yahoo account settings.) I would definitely delete the hotmail account using the BIS website (from your computer), make sure your hotmail password is changed, and re-add it from either your device or pc. Just make sure the other person doesn't have your BIS website log-in credentials or s/he could do the same thing. You can change your BIS log-in credentials if necessary, too.
    11-04-11 08:06 AM
    On second thought, it might be wise to delete the pushed hotmail account directly from your carrier's BIS log-in website. Then change the password and re-add it using your device's setup or the carrier's BIS site.
    The mail account will be deleted from Persons 1 account, but Person's 2 BIS account will still have the email account configured on her BB.
    Person 1 will have to login to Person 2's carrier's BIS log in and then delete for this to work.
    In my opinion the change in password at hotmail.co.uk should have solved Person's 1 problem.
    11-04-11 08:14 AM
    In my opinion the change in password at hotmail.co.uk should have solved Person's 1 problem.

I also thought that the hotmail password change would have done it......
    I think I'm starting to get my head round this BIS thing.
    I'll stick with it & I'm sure we'll get it sorted.

Thanks for all the help guys - I'll keep you informed......

Rgds.
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 08:54 AM
    The mail account will be deleted from Persons 1 account, but Person's 2 BIS account will still have the email account configured on her BB.
    Person 1 will have to login to Person 2's carrier's BIS log in and then delete for this to work.
    Hmmm. Yes. Makes sense. I was thinking they were both using the same BIS account, but I suppose that wouldn't be the case. They're both pushing the same hotmail to different BlackBerries via different BIS accounts. The password change should have done it ... Thanks for setting me straight.
    11-04-11 09:05 AM
    Stupid question, but you did change the password by:
    logging into the webmail (hotmail.com)
    clicking on the name in top right
    clicking account in drop down
    login again
    click "change" on the "password: *****" line?
    11-04-11 09:17 AM
    Stupid question, but you did change the password by:
    logging into the webmail (hotmail.com)
    clicking on the name in top right
    clicking account in drop down
    login again
    click "change" on the "password: *****" line?
    The hotmail account password was changed using a PC & IE8 browser, logging on to the hotmail web account & changing the password via options> change password... .
    Person 1 assumed that Person 2 would be asked for the new password, (which she didn't know). & everything would be fine - not so......

Person 2 still receives mail addressed to the hotmail account.

In the past half hour I'v been trying to get Person 1 to remember how they set up the mail account in the first place. I'm not getting very far !!!
    "Noooo - It was a long time agoooo - all I can remember is that I did it from my BlackBerry" !!
    "Settings>setup mail, or something"........

I will set them down this evening & try to spark some sort of memory....

If they set up the mail account from the Blackberry I'm assuming that there must be a BIS login somewhere - where possibly the account can be managed / restricted ?

Rgds
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 09:44 AM
    maybe the hotmail account is forwarding to another account?
    11-04-11 10:12 AM
    OP,
    which BB do Person1 and Person2 have?
    Cos if you are in talking terms with person2, you can simply Click Setup on the home screen, go to email accounts, highlight the account you want to delete, press the BB button and select delete.
    11-04-11 10:24 AM
    Person 1 has a torch & Person 2 a bold.
    It's not an option for 1 to ask 2 to remove the account from their bold, (complicated).

I have also checked forwarding from the hotmail account & it doesn't forward.

I will know more when I get my hands on the torch & get my head round how the mail has been set up.

Rgds.
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 10:46 AM
    BIS is the core of the issue. If you have one email and two BIS accounts accessing it and you change the PW of the email account. The problem lies in user 2 BIS acct. Now I would tend to think that after x amount of time her BIS account will no longer be able to access the user 1 email account.

When you changed the Hotmail PW how quick did user 1 device say password invalid?
    11-04-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD