Has anyone noticed this? Out of nowhere today, the folder icon that contains my Hotmail inbox changed on my Bold 9700. Now instead of it being an envelope with the internet globe in the bottom, there's the new Hotmail logo.

Exactly like what you see on MSN Canada - The all-new MSN Canada, home of world-class services such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, and News, Sports, Financial and Entertainment services on the top right side.

Surprising, especially since it seemed like RIM and Microsoft stopped their agreement, with new BIS Hotmail activations not being able to use the Mobile Services Protocol (and being stuck with POP instead).

If you don't see it, try resending your service books...

ryguy2008
    06-23-10 07:58 PM
    I noticed this too, but all I did that was different was a reboot of the device.
    06-24-10 08:36 AM
    I noticed that as well yesterday. I did a battery pull and it went back to the internet globe icon. Now this morning, I'm not getting my hotmail e-mails fowarded to my device. I've got an e-mail I received at 9:58 am. It's now 10:43 am and it still hasn't shown up on my BB. I resent the Service Books twice and still nothing.
    06-24-10 09:45 AM
    I did a battery pull and now I have the symbol and all these hotmail messages showed up. Seems to work pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 01:39 PM
    I have the new icon, but my email isn't near-instant anymore.
    06-24-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD