Gmail's had Acivesync for over a year now.
    So what? First doesn't mean better.
    08-30-10 09:00 PM
    Your post makes it sound like Gmail doesn't have it.
    08-30-10 09:07 PM
    I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

Anyways, you keep praising hotmail. I'm interested in why it is better than Gmail?
    08-30-10 09:07 PM
    Your post makes it sound like Gmail doesn't have it.
    This post is called "Hotmail gets Exchange ActiveSync." Whether or not Gmail has this is irrelevant to this discussion.
    08-30-10 09:16 PM
    This post is called "Hotmail gets Exchange ActiveSync." Whether or not Gmail has this is irrelevant to this discussion.
    You don't write very clearly. Your original post makes it sound like Hotmail is better than Gmail because Hotmail now has Activesync whereas Gmail does not. I was just pointing out that's not the case. No need to get your panties in a wad.
    08-30-10 09:21 PM
    Anyways, you keep praising hotmail. I'm interested in why it is better than Gmail?
    I have a lot of complaints about Gmail, but this isn't a discussion for that... My biggest gripe is MANDATORY conversation view.
    08-30-10 09:24 PM
    You don't write very clearly. Your original post makes it sound like Hotmail is better than Gmail because Hotmail now has Activesync whereas Gmail does not. I was just pointing out that's not the case. No need to get your panties in a wad.
    You don't read clearly. At no point did I say this feature was unique to Hotmail. Again, this forum is about Hotmail, not your beloved Gmail. If you want to be a ****, so be it.
    08-30-10 09:29 PM
    Interesting. I have never had any problems with Gmail and it has been very reliable. You just had a problem moving folder from hotmail to gmail?
    No just that POP3 sync, GMail checks my Hotmail folders whenever the **** it feels like. Sometimes it's 10 minutes, sometimes it's 16 minutes, sometimes it's 36 minutes. I can't even find an area (this is all in GMail on the computer, of course.) to set a fixed "scan through my **** at this time."

Doesn't matter. Now that I got my Hotmail set up as Exchange ActiveSync, and it pushes emails, and pushes them when I GET them, not when Google scans my inbox, GMail went back to being useless for anything outside of GTalk for me again.

And concerning your post about why is Hotmail better than GMail, the new feature of showing JUST unread or JUST flagged emails is amazing. I know you can do starred in GMail, but that stupid threaded email convo's makes unreads go like pages and pages back sometimes, which is really annoying to find. Hotmail threads them now too, but you can bring them all visible with the only Unread option.

Also their Sweep feature is so handy. I like getting my thread subscription emails, but sometimes I forget to delete them and they pile up. I can sweep out every email from info@crackberry or whatever in like 10 seconds without going through my entire inbox. It's great.

Plus I just think Hotmail just looks much more polished than Gmail. It seems so basic looking and bland in comparison.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 08-31-10 at 05:24 AM.
    08-31-10 05:17 AM
    I agree with you, Microsoft raised the bar with the new hotmail features.
    08-31-10 08:53 AM
    So has anyone figured out how to use Hotmail Exchange Activesync on the BB yet? If I try to add the new (Hotmail) account, it wants to configure it through BIS.
    08-31-10 12:41 PM
    No just that POP3 sync, GMail checks my Hotmail folders whenever the **** it feels like. Sometimes it's 10 minutes, sometimes it's 16 minutes, sometimes it's 36 minutes. I can't even find an area (this is all in GMail on the computer, of course.) to set a fixed "scan through my **** at this time."

Doesn't matter. Now that I got my Hotmail set up as Exchange ActiveSync, and it pushes emails, and pushes them when I GET them, not when Google scans my inbox, GMail went back to being useless for anything outside of GTalk for me again.

And concerning your post about why is Hotmail better than GMail, the new feature of showing JUST unread or JUST flagged emails is amazing. I know you can do starred in GMail, but that stupid threaded email convo's makes unreads go like pages and pages back sometimes, which is really annoying to find. Hotmail threads them now too, but you can bring them all visible with the only Unread option.

Also their Sweep feature is so handy. I like getting my thread subscription emails, but sometimes I forget to delete them and they pile up. I can sweep out every email from info@crackberry or whatever in like 10 seconds without going through my entire inbox. It's great.

Plus I just think Hotmail just looks much more polished than Gmail. It seems so basic looking and bland in comparison.
    Interesting. I used hotmail years ago and hated it. Nice to know Microsoft is raising the bar a little. Let's see if Google responds.

Although the new features sound great, I will stick with Gmail. Been with them since early beta and just don't feel like switching everything.
    08-31-10 12:48 PM
    So has anyone figured out how to use Hotmail Exchange Activesync on the BB yet? If I try to add the new (Hotmail) account, it wants to configure it through BIS.
    lol...
    08-31-10 04:00 PM
    Interesting. I used hotmail years ago and hated it. Nice to know Microsoft is raising the bar a little. Let's see if Google responds.

Although the new features sound great, I will stick with Gmail. Been with them since early beta and just don't feel like switching everything.
    Understandable, to each their own. I personally hope that Google responds too. To have the choice between two great UI's just ends up better for me - the consumer, in the end.

At the same time, it took Microsoft long enough.
    08-31-10 06:44 PM
    Understandable, to each their own. I personally hope that Google responds too. To have the choice between two great UI's just ends up better for me - the consumer, in the end.

At the same time, it took Microsoft long enough.
    Exactly. The more competition the better.
    08-31-10 06:50 PM
    What's funny is now the whole "BB rules email" argument just took another huge hit.

So now with Android, if you have Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo mail (the big three), you now have FULL PUSH and SYNC services for email, contacts, and calendar - where you can actually look at older emails that were in your inbox before you synced.

Yup - great communications device ain't it.

I agree. It's getting easier to switch to Android daily. All they need is a good blackberry type keyboard and they won me over.
    08-31-10 06:59 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD